Safe Voltages

Ok, I finally got my system to OC and boot, now I'm hitting my road block at only 246fsb. My first block I encounter happens at 240fsb with 1.525V on Vcore. If I up my Vcore to 1.6 I can get up to 246fsb. Anything past that I can boot 2 sec into windows before the blue screen of death attacks me. Also, I have two sticks of OCZ ram and I was wondering if 2.8V would be too much for it? Also, what AGP volts would you guys reccommend for a 9800 Pro; my most stable max so far is 440/365. Thx guys.

My max voltage is 1.7 on the core; the setting prior to 1.7 is 1.6 so there is no 1.65 on my vcore. Even with the 3:2 divider, I still hit the wall at 246fsb. My load temps are around 36-38 on load and not too sure on full (probabbly 42). I am using my temperature gague to get my temps; it is attached to the bottom of my cpu heatsink.

42 is pretty good, but depending on where EXACTLY you placed it, the core will be hotter. 1.7 volt is getting pretty high, I would try to avoid it at all costs. Depending on what 2.8c you have, that MAY be the highest oc you can achieve (on that mobo at least). Try setting the ram divider to 5:4, that way your memory will run @ 200mhz if you get your FSB to 250mhz, but none the less, 246mhz FSB isnt bad, specially when you're running your memory at 1:1.

Another note, nice oc on the 9800 pro, show us some benchmarks ;)

Guest Faux_Carnival

Hello all, please help me... I am very new here. I have NO overclock experience.

My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-8IK1100. I am using P4 2.8 Prescott CPU and I have a Zalman CNPS 7000A-Cu CPU cooler.

How can I overclock my CPU, step by step... From the beginning to the end... Which site can I visit? I have no idea.

Please help me...

Hello all, please help me... I am very new here. I have NO overclock experience.

My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-8IK1100. I am using P4 2.8 Prescott CPU and I have a Zalman CNPS 7000A-Cu CPU cooler.

How can I overclock my CPU, step by step... From the beginning to the end... Which site can I visit? I have no idea.

Please help me...

Talk about a thread hijack lol. Anyway, a word of advise, do your research, if your completely knew at overclocking and dont know a thing about it except the basic idea of what happens, read through the overclocking forum for general knowledge, then ease into it, just whatever you do, dont rush it. Safe overclocking takes time.

Yeah, it may be the max for my cpu or ram. I've tried upping the voltage on my cpu; I haven't had time to try the ram voltage (I've heard that ppl use like 3.1V on this ram to make it run right). I'm happy with my 246fsb OC but running around 240 seems to be the most stable. As for my vid card, I can't seem to score well in 3dmark2k1 (only 17k) but I'm getting around 6300 on 3dmark2k3 (newest version). I'm not too fammilar with 2k3 so I don't know if that's a good score or a low score.