Picked Up 120 Points. Guess How And Win

well...you should have just overclocked more?

i think it would balance out:

more aggressive timings = not as overclockable

less aggressive timings= more overclockable

i managed to get 150 points more with slower timings and a higher overclock rather than aggressive timings and little overclock

Well, if you copy your BIOS to disk and PM it to me, I'll give it a look. Not sure if you know how to do it, but here it is:

Download ATIFLASH http://softmod.ocfaq.com/bios/atiflash16.zip

1. MAKE A DOS BOOT DISK. IN WINDOWS XP GO TO MY COMPUTER>RIGHT CLICK THE FDD ICON AND CLICK FORMAT AND CKECK THE BOX "MAKE BOOTABLE DOS DISK"

2. UNZIP THE ATIFLASH ZIP FILE AND COPY ALL FILES IN IT TO YOUR FDD. ALSO COPY THE BIOS FILE TO THE FDD

3. BOOT TO DOS USING THIS FLOPPY

4. FIRST SAVE YOUR ORIGINAL BIOS FILE. IT WILL BE NEEDED IF YOU DECIDE TO REFLASH YOUR ORIGINAL BIOS. TO DO THIS TYPE FOLLOWING AT A:>

type atiflash -s 0 backup.bin --------> THIS WILL SAVE YOUR BIOS FILE ON FDD WITH NAME BACKUP.BIN

I know the feeling, but it's not trouble. I'm actually trying to build up a collection of card BIOS' for a page (I could just collect them from the other sites, but I'd rather get my own)

PS - roadkill, I just turned in your WU

Edited by InvaderTrax

Ok ok, I just read this post; how do you make the ram timings more aggressive on your card? I wanted to get a litte more power out of my 9800 pro, its been acting funny since I got it in a few days ago..