Building A New Computer

Elf

How are these parts?

I wanna spend around $1,300+ or -.

Please give input.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1MB L2 Cache

Or

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 512k L2 Cache, (which one?)

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS PCI Sound Card

CD/DVD Burner: Plextor Black 8X DVD-RW/+RW Drive

Floppy: Sony Black 1.44MB 3.5inch Floppy Disk Drive

Hard Drive: Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB 10,000RPM SATA Hard Drive

Memory: Mushkin 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 Level One Dual Pack

Motherboard: ASUS "K8V SE Deluxe" K8T800 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU

Power Supply: Antec 430W Power Supply

Cases: Dunno which one to get, I heard good things about Antec. Oh yea I want the case to be black with a side window thingy w/ blue lights.

Monitor: I heard good things about Sony and Viewsonic. Which company do you recommend? I

amd released a standard change from 940 socket for the fx and 64bit high end to the 939 socket i.e. 940 sokcket max current 3400+ 939 socket max 3800+ and counting and please don't get a socket 754 board much lower proformance than the 939 also the current asus boards are quiet buggy I would go with dfi if they had released board yet but seeing that the haven't you might consider MSI and gigabyte in that order and definately go with 9800pro also viewsonic and samsung are much better than sony :foldon:

He should be fine with socket 754 for his price range and they do have a 3700+ if he needs more power. Plus 754 isn't dead yet there still are 2 or 3 more chips coming out for it. And if your gaming go with a CRT. And it probaly wouldn't be a bad idea to go with the MSI. I would say go with the 1mb 3200+ cause although the 512kb has a higher clock speed you can always OC (im sure 200mhz would be no problem) but you can't do anything about the cache.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-130-457&depa=1