What The........

I just flashed my bios on my gigabyte 7n400l mobo using the flash utility that came with my software....everything went fine but now easy tune is showing my cpu temps as 48c load....before I flashed the temps were 32c load.......any ideas....

I am using esaytune to monitor my temps, mbm5 doesn't work on this board...I saved my old bios in my documents...is there a way to flash it back?

EDIT: Flash it back.....temps are back to normal...any reason why they would change from 32c load to 48c-51c load?

New bios versions often have adjustments for temperature sensors on the board, supposedly to make them more accurate. It could be possible that the temps you saw were closer to the actual temps you were getting. A difference as big as that still seems weird though.

yeah, my bios releases changed the sensor temps as much as 10 degrees to account for PREVIOUS inaccuracies... try and find the info file for the latest bios to see if there are any details about what the update has changed and why... usually they'd point out such a massive change...

if it's the 3200+ desktop chip at 2.6GHz i'd guess the load speeds were at least in the upper 30's / lower 40's...

It is my 3200 chip....it usually hits 38c on hot days but has never gone over 40c...The heatsink is barely warm to the touch..I guess I will stick with the old bios. I just checked gigabytes web site for info on the bios...said they added an adjustment to the cpu monitoring tolerance bu that was in early 2003, I got my board in Dec 03 or Jan 04 can't remember

double-check the bios release notes before you stick with the old bios just cos you think it's more accurate... mine went up 10 degrees but MSI say that's what the sensor should read... that means 47"C load for me... dunno, maybe the old one is right, i just reckon double check why the new bios is different first...

if you are really concerned, get a thermometer :P lol jks wouldnt work too well. If its up 10C, i'd guese that would be right bc gigabyte wouldnt change the temps unless they were false to begin with :P