Whats The Best Way

Ste

My cable as been slowing down latly and its . me off, what Can I do from my computer to speed it back up?

well first off how many computers are hooked up to it? do you have any wireless stuff on it? access points,routers, make sure they ae locked from out side users leeching bandwidth, in none of that then contact your cable provider and have them come run a line check, they may give you a line amp, make sure you arent using any cheap splitter or line amps if you have splitters hooked up make sure they are 5-1000mhz and have a -3.5db signal to noise line rating to them it will tell you on the top, unhook any cable amps also they arent good for data transfer, its fun to have worked at so many places ..i worked for timewarner for 2 years

Yep...give ISP a call.......my cable was running slowly.... they came out and tested, turned out that the line from the pole in the back yard to the house was bad....

replaced the cable.....speed tripled!

Give them a call

How would i Find out who My ISP is and how to contact them.

Ya i just did A bandwith test and it says im at 107.9K/s that really sucks balls for being cable thats not even twice 56K.

Edited by Ste

my bro lived in a big city & had timewarner, and he got like 15kb/s downstream, i dont know his up.

my up where I am at is 20kb/s max, but my down is over a 1mb/s

Edited by Byron