Just Had To Ask Why?

this post can fit into a number of sections so i will just post it here

i post on alot of forums,i always read new ocers post and think to my self why??

why do put fans like vantec tornados in their case's or for that matter on there heatsinks?? does your computer second as a vacum cleaner? my main rig is cooled by one front 120mm silent fan and read 120mm i have a sp-94 with a silent 92mm fan [all under 29db] my case never gets over 32c, my cpu idles at the 32c and never goes over 38c under full load 3.0c oced to 3.6 , i have seen that in some cases i get the same temps as people using tornados on the cpu.... my second rig is cooler by 4 stealth fans 2front 2 back and a intel stock cpu cooler, i am getting 32c case temps and 34-36 idle cpu and 40c load temps its a 2.4c oced to 3.0 so i ask my self why?? is the noise worth the 2c difference???and i dont have central air in my house so what am i doing that or not doing that others are having trouble with?

another thing i ask WHY?? about

why do people think putting 2 fans togather makes it more cfm?better cooling? well basic since tells us that it doesnt all it does is make the fans louder! you can sit there and try to prove me wrong but i will make you look stupid, 2 fans togahter cause air pressure to build up behind the second fan and cause turbulence ....i just dont under why people do stupid things like this , i wish i could write an article on basic cooling to answer alot of stupid questions,

i like to rant and rave but i figure most people took since in hs, and should know the basics on how air is moved and how turbulence occurs ..its even worse when i see people posting cooling questions about how there systems are running hot and they go on to tell you what kind of intake fans they have and never say anything about the rear outtake fans, for one thier is no point in having high intake fans if you rear fans cant more it out, that like people who throw 2 vantec tornado or tt smart 2 fans in the front of the case and then 2 stealth fans in the rear , so your bringing in alot of cool air but what about the hot air traped in the case??i always put a lower cfm fan in the front and high cfm fan in the back why? because it moves the hot air out quicker giving the cool air more of a chance to do what it has to do....

oh yes i have more to say

why do i see alot of novice people buying anf building daul cpu rigs? with like 2+ gigs of ram? are you running a program that the rest of us dont know about? i mean really unless you are running a server or doing some heavy cad whats the point?er maybe photoshop? i heard people building gaming rigs with daul opteron's and xeons ...WHY?? in bench marks you see little of no gain over a singles cpu computer,i contract for e.d.s tech support my main client is GM-general motors i install access servers for them on a weekly basis at dealerships they are high traffice servers and they are running cellys, i have also installed some of the systems they run cad on in the main plant in lordstown,ohio they arent running daul xeons or opterons? why not? its not like they cant afford it its just there is no real gain on thies systems to fork over the extra cash most of the cad systems they use are dell 2.8 p4s with fire GL cards or quadro cards, and why so much ram? what do you need it for? ..what does a home use need more then 1 gig of ram for? most users dont need over 512,

i have asked people why and all they can say is they dnt know why?

someone tried to tell me the advantage of haveing 2 gis of ram, i had to point out to him that his 2nd gig of ram probly never had any data travel trhough it....

ok thats all for my complaing today feel free to reply and tell me what you think

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Because they want to. They can do whatever they want...who are you to complain about what they do? Why do you use stealth fans? We could flip this whole game right around on you as well...I'm sure you'd get pissed if we started criticizing your rig, so don't criticize others in return. Yeah, 2gb of ram probably doesn't really do much for someone's home rig, but if they want to have it then for the love of god let them do it. We all build our computers to satisfy OURSELVES, not some guy in a forum who thinks we're idiots. As long as they're happy with their rig, then leave them the heck alone.

why do i see alot of novice people buying anf building daul cpu rigs?

Hey, i was one of them. :lol: Now I just use it for [email protected]

As for your cooling ideas. That is what water cooling is for. I don't know how people can stand all th0se fans. I only had a volcano 11 & 3 other fans and I could not take it.

The whole xeon + massive ram thing.

I think it has somthing to do with 'horsepower' and 'mines bigger'

I've heard so many different opinions on the air pressure issue that I don't know if anybody knows what they're talking about, including me. :) Personally I like to approximate input & output cfm. I agree with you 100% about a large rear exhaust fan. This made the most difference for me.

As for people using big dualie rigs at home, I guess some people just enjoy having a [email protected]@zz machine. Most OCers seem to have a healthy hardware fetish (I know I do :lol: ) anyway, so why not.

dangerousfigure, I agree with you.

I have asked why many times on here, and never gotten an answer.

I have several high powered machines, but two are servers that see huge traffic, one is for vid and graphic editying/ rendering

one is for my programming and general use.

one is for taking minDV tape and putting them on hdd, and hte other ones are slow and folding/play around with comps cause I can.

Most people with dual processors dont realize there isnt a game out there that takes advantage of it. Adobe program do, but not many people on use there computer for more then web, gaming, and scores.

As for the cooling, if your case was made right you could only use exhaust fans, and it would be jsut as good, if not better then with intake fans.

"Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste."

Basically man, I don't see why it bothers you what other people are doing. If they want to put a ton of fans in their cases let them do it. If they want to build a dual CPU rig then let them do it, who the hell cares?

Also, if you are going to rave about common SENSE at least spell it right. It's like the five basic senses, not the sinces. A sentence to use since in would be "I haven't been this annoyed since dangerousfigure's last post."

Who are you to say that.. I really dont fscking care what u think, why did u post this anyway? I really really really dont care about your 120mm silent fan and ur other stealth ., really stfu. Im serious

The whole point of having big loud fans is what ijagwalaafq said, for the fact that it makes people think its bigger and better, plus, it impressess people that arent really into the whole overclocking, computer scene. I personally have 2 120mm intakes and 3 80mm exhausts, but the 80mm's are really quiet and the 120's have a low humm, so its easy to bear :)

"Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste."

ick that was more info than I needed lol.

Who cares why people do what. It is their money let them spend it how they want to.

I was a noob and bought the vantec tornado, i should probably get a 120mm instead. As of right now, its the loudest thing in my room when on full blast. I have it at half power now, and its a HUM, not a dust buster. As for 120mm case fans, i dont feel like modding my case to accomadate them, and my 7 case fans are <-> that close to silent.