Cutting Out The Fan Holes In A Case

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

umm ok no shuttle bashing but why dose he have all his silent fans....i have a shuttle ONE fan the 80mm exaust that can suck in enough air to keep in the 30's all the time. this is complete stock shuttle cooling so that little heat problem thing is total BS.

btw a shuttle with the cover on is cooler than one with the cover off, its all in the design. and a gimmick? umm ever try to fit a full size ATX case ON the desk that happens to have a bookshelf above it? guess not. or have u tried to make an HTPC that can be easily hidden in a regular entertainment center? huess u havent. mabey you shoudl think b4 u speak every size PC has it's place. i guess ignorance truly is bliss.

Oh yeah but this dosent mean i dont like big loud fans :) there cool too

i dont relaly mean that im using it as an example

shuttle cases rock but im just point out to him people can buy waht they please

yeah, uk has been invaded by starbuck's but your fancy named silly coffee nonsense doesn't wash with us... oh no... we have proper coffee shops... one's with nice food in... caf

chances are, it will lower the mobo temp by 1 degree, but no guarantees, because it depends on how big the fan holes currently are. If I had the right tools, personally, I'd just cut em, I mean, what would I have to loose? If it ends up all jagged and sharp, put that rubber grometting and call it a mod :)

cut them out now! right now... i'm serious... they're ridiculous... your temps will lower cos you'll have an assload more airflow and also it'll be quieter...

if it ends up jagged n sharp use a file! come on man... it's a bit of work but better than lazing it up with the rubber stuff...

it should make more than 1c difference... i'm sure of it... depends on your room temp tho...

Good god... I posted earlier with SPECIFICS--including fan speeds and temperatures! I even posted a link to a thread with pictures! Lemme try another way.

MY TEMPS WENT DOWN BY AT LEAST 8 DEGREES CELCIUS AFTER I CUT THE GRILLS OFF, YES IT WORKS.