Cutting Out The Fan Holes In A Case

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok dangerous figure why do you have a shuttle case, its not a real computer i think its dumb why did you buy it? it jsut a gimmick to sell more stuff just a mni computer with heat problems

now you bought it why because YOU liked it now leave other peoples chocies alone

also i wouldnt brag about ur case temps..with tornado i easily get in teh mid 20's so alot of people have had enogh of your little tantrum

Edited by Agallion

you should see the dog hair in my computer...i have no idea how it gets thru my panty-hose filters

Maybe you dont wanna know how they are getting in there... :huh::unsure:

BTW... I feel like an @$$ today so i am gonna say this..

SPRITE PWNZ COKE! B)

the coke tray idea is ideal! case nearest the floor without sucking up dust/fluff/dog-hairs... i used to have mine on a uATX case! :D

what the hell is that on the back of your case tho cokeman? is it a coke can holder? :lol:

Well i am gonna take an educated guess and say that that is a wireless mouse stand............................ I could be completely wrong, having a blonde moment, and becoming a total uber newb to computer technology but i think thats what it is lol.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAY! I AM NOW A CERTIFIED GEEK!!! BOW DOWN TO ME AND KISS MY hsf WOOOOO PHREAKING HOOOOO!

...i have no idea how it gets thru my panty-hose filters

Maybe we don't want to know why he said "my panty-hose" oh. wait a minute, he said "my panty-hose filters" Never mind. :lol:

Actually, Newport, I wondered the same thing so this weekend I went out and bought a Dremel tool and cut out the grids on one of my cheap folding rig cases and slapped four 80 mm generic fans in the box (because I could) and it is not much louder than when I had it running with the case side off and just the hs fan. And the exhaust fans seem to be pumping out more air than on my main rig that has the the grids still intact. I agree with hardnrg in that the grids blocked 40-50% of the space.

I plan on doing the same to my main rig now that I know how easy it is. This time, I plan on taking some before and after temp reading to see what difference it makes.

ok dangerous figure why do you have a shuttle case, its not a real computer i think its dumb why did you buy it? it jsut a gimmick to sell more stuff just a mni computer with heat problems

umm ok no shuttle bashing but why dose he have all his silent fans....i have a shuttle ONE fan the 80mm exaust that can suck in enough air to keep in the 30's all the time. this is complete stock shuttle cooling so that little heat problem thing is total BS.

btw a shuttle with the cover on is cooler than one with the cover off, its all in the design. and a gimmick? umm ever try to fit a full size ATX case ON the desk that happens to have a bookshelf above it? guess not. or have u tried to make an HTPC that can be easily hidden in a regular entertainment center? huess u havent. mabey you shoudl think b4 u speak every size PC has it's place. i guess ignorance truly is bliss.

Oh yeah but this dosent mean i dont like big loud fans :) there cool too

cuting the grid makes a difference but I wouldn't put nay grills back on except where the fan is exposed to the outside of the like one on the back of the exhuast fan and on the front of the side panel the front fans should not need a grill due to the bezel unless you have done a wind tunel mod :foldon:

I just got finished cutting out my fan grills:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?showtopic=27126&st=0

My temps dropped A LOT, like 8*C at least. I'll put it this way, after I cut them out, I was able to remove 3 fans from my computer and replace the back 2 with low speed panaflo L1As and get the same temps that I was getting before.

Bruce