Finnally Got The Guts :p

Ya call me a seafood if ya want cos i know i am. When ever i go into my BIOS i think of all the bad things that can happen and none of the good, even tho im logical about it :P

Upped meh 3000+ barton to 200fsb not the 333 it was on before. As i told ya before, the diference between the 333 and the 400mhz varient? Nothing at all! cept the diff fsb and multi, cept that, they are both identical. So now im running at the fsb of 200 and should get some much better performance :D

haha he sounds like my friend he will not go in his bios at all, there really isent much you can harm i mean even if you put some wack settings the most it will do is not boot, unless u start messing with agp/pci clicks and voltages,i always find new overclockers funny to read about, they go buy top notch machines and loud high cfm fans haha, i never under stood the reasoning for this but i gues that just me have fun ocing

The really funny hting about it is? i consider myself to know nearly everything there is to overclocking a system, the good and bad things about it, and i overclock other machines no problem, but when it comes to my machine, i dont LMAO. This is even after the fact that i have not blown anything up that i knew what i was doing.

I dont want to oc anymore till i find out what is my realy cpu temp, my bios and monitor is reading 15C lower than my thermal take sensor that is under the cpu.

The bios sensor is probably right, b/c if the probe is touching the heatsink, it's probably reading that temp.

Edit : i read that as under the heatsink. Try mbm5 and see what that says, you might beable to read off the sensor on the CPU itself.

I know my first steps into OCing were very timid baby steps indeed.

heh, my first step was trying to oc my P3-800 to 1072MHz on stock cooling and pc100 ram...

didn't work... didn't even post... haha :lol:

LoL.

My first experience was getting my P2 300mhz to post at 100mhz FSB and multi of 4. The stock FSB on the little thing is 66mhz, and I had PC100 ram in it, so it's performance went like, WOA, opposed to, bleh, like it was before.