Hot

localguru

I have a customers computer tonight, and I was dumping data, and went to pull it out, and it's too hot to touch, I should get a probe on it, but I can barley hold on to it long. it was running for an hour, and it's burning up. it's a Weatern Digital wd300bb ide. should I be worried about it diying?

yeah maybe... if it's too hot to touch it's probably 50"C+ (i think that's like the hottest bath you can have without feeling like yer danglies are burning!) :lol:

i'd say, go to the WD site, download/view the spec sheet and see what the operating temperatures are for that model drive... then i spose get a probe on it to see what the temp is...

cooling is always a good idea but hds do tend to run hot. As far as cooling Ideas I mounted an 80mm stealth fan dooesn't go over 30C now and that on a seagate there notorious for running hot but are ushauly very reliable any on the western digital you could always buy an HD there like 12usd including the shipping for one with 80mm fan or if posible you could just mount it in front of the front case fans :foldon: