Dont Let P2p Overtake Us.

AxcesDenyed

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I have to agree with Melchiah i'm having it take me about 4-4 & 1/2 days to do a WU on my own and I leave my rig on all day and well into the night...

My specs are bellow so can some1 please tell me how I can get better (or at least faster) production out of my beast????

I also have a 1.2Ghz Duron i'm going to bring into the fold (no pun here folks :) )

Plus i'm putting F@H onto my m8's machine and my ex girlfriends as well and i'm working on 4 of my m8's to try and get it onto thier beast's..

The machines range from a PIII 800EB server to a A64300+..

Here's hoping I can get 'em all into it (the ex is a cert she's on line all day :) )

P.S. CAn any1 please tell me how to get in contact with LP?? His e-mail addy is not in his member profile only a pm link and I already did that i'm upto 253/400 on my first WU and I don't want to see 4 days of effort for the OCC to go to waste..

First of all, the WU unit will not go to waste as long as you used the OCC team number when you installed the software. Once you get your OCC name fixed whatever you've already completed for our team will show up.

You really can't make your machine fold faster outside of trying a couple things. The most important is using the -forcesse flag since you have an AMD machine. If you are shutting your computer down at night, it may not be using the highly optimized code when you re-start folding the next day. Using that flag should help.

Other than that, there is a tweak guide that might offewr a few pointers you haven't already considered.

Glad to have you and all your friends' computers on board!

:foldon::foldon:

ok since im new i dont get this AT ALL!

i installd the foldon progg in xp and i see this little msdos thing working,

i dont get this at all...what am i helping in?what does my pc does that help others?

EDIT!: ohhh i just finish readin some stuff about folding.....

could someone correct me if im wrong?

folding is simply sharing your CPU power to accumulate a large amount of power which would decrease the time taken for the studies to do some tests etc.? :blink:

i dont mind folding..i sleep alot :D

Edited by Enyce2k9

LOL your folding console downloads a WU (Work Unit) from Stanford and then folds that WU (Does the research) and then sends the info back to stanford when it finishes, each WU is worth a different amount of points. you can check out your points @ Your Stats for some reason u have completed 16 WU but have no points anyone no Y

anyway keep folding until we figure out y u have no points

:foldon:

Oh man this is fun!

Started at 10 last night. I have 4 multi proc zeons going, and 3 p4 2.8s. These are dedicated servers....

I got another 6 in my home office cooking, all are atleasr 2.4s.

I'll look at the tweaks, I'll bet that the duals can finish faster, just need to tweak them to utilize al the resources! by the looks of it they are not as good as the single proc.

Oh-man I gotta find more, this is fun! got 11 going now!

hay, just thought of somthing, maybe in the winter I can turn off the heater and gat a few more PCs, that should warm my house! :)

Not sure if I'll be on the roster by tomarrow, but I got a total of 11 systems on, all dedicated servers.

Oh man, we gotts stop this talk about this team beating us!

I'm looking for more PCs to run this on now... Thinking about the users desktop, I need to lookinto this software though, my but is in a sling if it causes a user PC to go down! You guys trust it for this purpose?

My main system, been running today, I got ths huge wu that will finish sunday, I want to play doom3! but the darn thing will not pause! ideas?

any idea if there is a silent install?

Edited by Flagg7771234