20 Min A Step!?

DarkScorpion

hey, I just recently got a gromac. So, I start folding as soon as I get it and get up to frame 15, going about 1 step every 5 or so min, then have to turn off my computer so I can sleep (dont worry, I have a 2.0P4 folding 24/7) The next day (today) I start up folding, and it begins with step 16. Well, to make a long story short, Its now folding at 1 step every 20 minutes. what the heck is gonig on!?

hey, I just recently got a gromac. So, I start folding as soon as I get it and get up to frame 15, going about 1 step every 5 or so min, then have to turn off my computer so I can sleep (dont worry, I have a 2.0P4 folding 24/7) The next day (today) I start up folding, and it begins with step 16. Well, to make a long story short, Its now folding at 1 step every 20 minutes. what the heck is gonig on!?

Nothing strange or unexpected about this behavior - if you are not using the -forceasm (Intel) or -forcesse (AMD) flag.

When you stop the client and restart it, the client assumes the unexpected end of processing was due to the fact that there were stability problems and so it stops using the highly optimized code in the software. By using one of the "force" flags, you tell it to ignore any problems with the premature termination and you should see your times return to normal.

yeah just restart the client and it usually sorts it out make sure u use Ctrl C to do it my HTPC went from 6 mins to 112 hours at one stage dunno what the heck happened there could be FAH Stats

Best to use the "force" flags before you restart.

well...that's a little strange, see what happens when you change the F@H_Core process priority to AboveNormal and see if that helps

How do I do that? And how do I use the flags withou reinstalling F@H? Sry if I sound nooby, but I just let the program run and dont really do anything special with it :blink:

How do I do that? And how do I use the flags withou reinstalling F@H? Sry if I sound nooby, but I just let the program run and dont really do anything special with it :blink:

You really don't want to up the priority. The default priority is Idle. Which means any other process you need to run will take priority. F@H is designed to use spare CPU cycles. If you insist on doing this, you'll need to create a shortcut to the application, stop the one you are running and add a -configonly flag to the shortcut, start it up and change the priority to something like Normal (I think). Then edit your shortcut and take out the -configonly flag and restart your client.

There have been several posts showing how to set your flags. Do a search on -forceasm in this forum.