Attention Members: Need Feedback On Points System

Bosco

As many of you already know, OCC is starting a new rewards program to get members more involved in the OCC community. You will gain points and loose points for specific things you do on the site. I believe I have thought of everything but I still want everyone to give me some ideas of what you think members should gain points for or loose points for.

For example:

Gain Points for submitting news on the font page of OCC.

Loose Points for spamming comments in the case gallery or in the news.

If you can think of any ideas, let me know.

Thanks!

hey i never knew we could submit news! cool!

ok first we should get x amount of points a week just for folding on top of what ever other benefits we receive for folding.

second we could get an x amount of points for making a good suggestion for the site.

third we could have a no spam award each week for the person we thought spammed the least.

and maybe a few other awards would be good. for like the most helpful post of the week etc..

well there's a start. :D

Well, we're wanting a total automated point system. I do not want to place any additional work load on the moderators and staff. However, maybe we could setup a way for members to give other members their points.. they could "award" you some of their points for you creating their images.

i dont think points are a good idea. because it will cause arguements.. like... hey ____ did htis and got points.. and i did ____ and didnt get points.. or this doesnt deserve points... etc... i dont hink its a good idea

Well, we're wanting a total automated point system. I do not want to place any additional work load on the moderators and staff. However, maybe we could setup a way for members to give other members their points.. they could "award" you some of their points for you creating their images.

Yeah.. that sounds like a good idea...but not sure it's a good idea to put point giving power in the hands of the members?

Edited by jammin

how would an automated point system work?

also...having all the 'submitting news' on the front page...will probably end up to alot of spam.

also...how would an automated system be able to 'tell' spam from actual 'comments'? what if they are actually helpful comments?

just trying to figure this out lol

here are some of the good points about this new point system:

#1. more members folding

#2. less spam

#3. free stuff

#4. more helping

i don't think points are a good idea. because it will cause arguments.. like... hey ____ did htis and got points.. and i did ____ and didnt get points.. or this doesnt deserve points... etc... i dont hink its a good idea

arguments about points? i don't think LP will let that happen. I've seen similar systems just like this working great on countless sites and forums.

InvaderTrax what would make you more active? more members? the way i see it is if we have some sort of reward then it'll bring more members. right now the only rewards a new member can see is the amount of posts and stars. which equals spam posting. anyway thats just my $.02

arguments about points? i don't think LP will let that happen. I've seen similar systems just like this working great on countless sites and forums.

yeh sure mods wont want it to happen. mods dont wnat people arguing either.. or political threads.. and you know what.? it does happen

maybe i just think to negativly

Well, a folding competition (like that one where we gave away that bare bones computer) would persuade me to cut down on gaming so I can devote a few more hours to folding. As for being more active in the forums, I'm pretty much settled in. I reply to questions I can answer and ask a few when needed