Sign in to follow this  
hellagood

Rebuilding

I kinda rebuilding my comp. I just bought a Raptor 36.7 gb. Now I need to get a new vid card, I was thinking about the Chaintech 5900xt for 170 bucks. Also I need some memory, just a stick of 512 to start out with. They have Kingston Hyper X PC 4000 for 129 bucks @ Circut City. I that any good? Anyway let the opinions fly. Thanks in advance!

don't get pc4000 for an xp-m... you'd be better off getting pc3200 or pc3500 with the tightest timings you can afford...

Sounds like a good build to me, but I would go for a larger drive; however that raptor you selected is pretty fast. Is the motherbard/proc in you sig?

Edit: I agree with hardnrg, I hadn't really thought of the mobile chip, then again its native FSB is not 400, so you'll still have some headroom with the kingstons.

you can squeeze pc4000 speeds (250fsb 1:1) out of pc3500's at tighter timings than pc4000's as long as you get some quality sticks...

Ya, mobo and proc are what's in my sig. The raptor is going to be for my OS. The 160 gb is for my storage. Thanks for the replys, keep'em coming! a rabbit how do you like the 9500 xt?

Edited by hellagood