Attention Members: Give Us Some Ideas Here!

Bosco

Soon, we're going to launch a new feature on the site called the "OCC Rewards Program". This new program will allow you to gain points for being an active and helpful member in the OCC community. You will be rewarded points for dozens of actions that you do on the site from being an active Folding member to posting news on the main frontpage. After you have gained enough points, we're going to allow you to redeem prizes and other advantages.

Here is what we need you guys to do: Help us come up with some ideas on prizes or "advantages".

An "Advantage" could be something like "Surf OCC Advertisement Free for 30Days" or "Allowed to use larger image in signature for 60 days".

"Prizes" could be anything from a free OCC Case Badge, free entrance to the OCC LAN Party, or a case of BAWLS.

So, if you have some ideas on what we could giveaway as prizes or advantages let us know!

Thanks

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats awesome, theres another forum my friend is addicted too called projecthyrule.com (animalcrossing) They do a similar thing, and give you money, or "bells" as they call it. As for the prizes/advantages, we could...uh...items you review and no longer need (CPU coolers, mods like CCFLS, 80mm fans) but thats kinda pricey for the OCC team...Hmm, I like the idea of non-physical things, like the surf add free for a day, or maybe be a moderator for a day. Stuff like that is always cool. How about special smilies you can unlock by spending these "points?" I cant really think, its getting late....

AH HAH! GOT AN IDEA!! We can make little photo shopped tradfing cards, like pokemon or yugio (spelling?) cards. Each card has a specific item on it for a computer and all have price tags. Like, theres a AMD 2500+ mobile card, or a NF7-S card, X800Pro card ect. There are all different types of cards, and you use the money you earn to buy them from, like, a little store (a forum thread thingie). You can collect, buy, trade and sell the cards and build your own system. That would be AWESOME, but then again, I bet only us younger ones would enjoy it. Do you get what Im saying?

prize: geforce 6800 ultra!

(one could dream, can't he? ;) ).

But seriously, this is a cool feature you're adding. I hope there aren't necessarily set things to do to gain points, because i don't want these forums turning into a spam-haven.

Even though it doesn't affect me, i think fanta84's idea of providing benefits to new members who are active is a great one.

EDIT:

AH HAH! GOT AN IDEA!! We can make little photo shopped tradfing cards, like pokemon or yugio (spelling?) cards. Each card has a specific item on it for a computer and all have price tags. Like, theres a AMD 2500+ mobile card, or a NF7-S card, X800Pro card ect. There are all different types of cards, and you use the money you earn to buy them from, like, a little store (a forum thread thingie). You can collect, buy, trade and sell the cards and build your own system. That would be AWESOME, but then again, I bet only us younger ones would enjoy it. Do you get what Im saying?

are you saying that we'd actually be able to eventually trade these in for the actual parts, or this is just for fun? If it's just for fun, i think it's pointless (like you said...maybe just the yungins will enjoy it), but if you want it to be traded in, i think that's impossible.

Edited by ClayMeow

prize: geforce 6800 ultra!

(one could dream, can't he? ;) ).

But seriously, this is a cool feature you're adding. I hope there aren't necessarily set things to do to gain points, because i don't want these forums turning into a spam-haven.

Even though it doesn't affect me, i think fanta84's idea of providing benefits to new members who are active is a great one.

Geforce 6800 Ultra sounds good. I'm planning on having at least one "top" prize that takes a ton of points to get :)

No no.. it will be no spamming to get points. You dont gain points by posting in the forums. You actually don't gain any points in the forums, only by visiting them :) Everything will have a set limit of points you can get in a 24 hour period. Points will also be automatically subtracted if you get warned by a moderator, spam, or try to beat the "system".

Keep the ideas coming!

why dont we implement slashdot style moderation... maby as a side note to this... but cool advantages could be stuff like ad free... I like that, or maby an enlarged mailbox (I wouldnt use it) but for prizes dont forget a tshirt and maby a wee bit of free hosting

why dont we implement slashdot style moderation... maby as a side note to this... but cool advantages could be stuff like ad free... I like that, or maby an enlarged mailbox (I wouldnt use it) but for prizes dont forget a tshirt and maby a wee bit of free hosting

We're going to eventually have a moderation system like slashdot, at least in the news. I'm going to start recoding the entire backend of the news soon.. but thats another thread :)

I like the smilies idea

:P:rolleyes::ph34r::foldon:

well matt could correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think this is possible. Once a smilie would be "unlocked" by one person, it would be "unlocked" for all...it's just the way the image attachments work for the site. Go see the locked thread about hosting a sigpic, and you'll see what i mean.