Sign in to follow this  
red930

3.2ee Vs 2600 Mobile

When Xp-64 comes out on shelves, you can be sure to see a 64bit Intel CPU as well.

athlon 64's have come out and I dont see a 64 bit intel chip out there, and last time i checked intel couldn't stick with a project long enough to release anything. The only thing intel has is the possibility of putting 64 bit extensions in the prescotts.

Edited by mmmurph16

Wouldn't have said it would be wasting money buying a p4, sounds like a amd fanboy to me (i try to be unbiased :P) I want a p4 just to oc it, with a nice max 3 and 1 gf ocz pc4400 :D

But anywho, to nip it in the bud, nomatter how unbiased i try to be, i still dont like the price of the EE, saying that, i dont liek the pricing of the FX too. The latest line of 3900+ procs on the 939 socket directly compete with the FX! and it doesn;t use registered memory. I think the normall Athlon 64+ is doing pretty darn well.

I hope we see a 64+ bit desktopp intel proc come out b4 win 64 does, ATM it looks to be a bit tight :/

athlon 64's have come out and I dont see a 64 bit intel chip out there, and last time i checked intel couldn't stick with a project long enough to release anything.

SO what whats your point?

When you see an OS on the shelves, along with 64bit SOFTWARE, you can be sure to see an Intel CPU their...

AMD is doing NOTHING with their 64bit CPU's right now, except running 32bit.

I have Dual Opterons, sitting on a Beta OS, and no 64bit software to run on it.

What is the point of coming out with something so soon if you can't even use software for it.

It is a big hype for nothing as of right now IMHO.

The only thing intel has is the possibility of putting 64 bit extensions in the prescotts.

You obviously don't know about Yamhill.....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/08/04/in...yamhill_coming/

Wouldn't have said it would be wasting money buying a p4, sounds like a amd fanboy to me (i try to be unbiased ) I want a p4 just to oc it, with a nice max 3 and 1 gf ocz pc4400

But anywho, to nip it in the bud, nomatter how unbiased i try to be, i still dont like the price of the EE, saying that, i dont liek the pricing of the FX too.

I fully agree with every word you stated. :withstupid:

I have concluded FxXP is a fan boy a long time ago. :rolleyes:

SO what whats your point?

When you see an OS on the shelves, along with 64bit SOFTWARE, you can be sure to see an Intel CPU their...

AMD is doing NOTHING with their 64bit CPU's right now, except running 32bit.

I have Dual Opterons, sitting on a Beta OS, and no 64bit software to run on it.

What is the point of coming out with something so soon if you can't even use software for it.

It is a big hype for nothing as of right now IMHO.

You obviously don't know about Yamhill.....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/08/04/in...yamhill_coming/

Wouldn't have said it would be wasting money buying a p4, sounds like a amd fanboy to me (i try to be unbiased ) I want a p4 just to oc it, with a nice max 3 and 1 gf ocz pc4400

But anywho, to nip it in the bud, nomatter how unbiased i try to be, i still dont like the price of the EE, saying that, i dont liek the pricing of the FX too.

I fully agree with every word you stated. :withstupid:

I have concluded FxXP is a fan boy a long time ago. :rolleyes:

Well put. Krazy had some good points too.

That article is very interesting... not to mention i learned a few things including this sentence that makes an AMD fanboy not so big hehehe

Rumours that Intel is working on Yamhill, a set of 64-bit extensions to the 32-bit x86 instruction set, have abounded for as long as AMD has been known to be working on similar technology, if not longer.

:O very interesting isn't it hehe

Hey! OCC Forums dont put the word "Geek" under my avatar just for fun lol

Guest FxXP

Here come the Intel fanboy kiddies, rah rah rah.

I don't care what Intel has on their plate. You have the cash, all the power be to thee.

Have you forgotten about the 2.6 Linux kernel which fully supports AMD 64 /w SMP?

AMD also sold rights to Intel to use 64 bit technology in the first place.

Here come the Intel fanboy kiddies, rah rah rah.

I don't care what Intel has on their plate. You have the cash, all the power be to thee.

Ah but you aren't a fanboy right? Its as if one person says anything that is better or comparable to AMD and you jump down their throat calling them "Intel Fanboys"

Lets see who the fanboy really is:

Anyone wasting money on 32 bit Intel CPU's is making me laugh,
Intel for the rich braggers, AMD for those that believe in the future.

I rest my case... <_<

Have you forgotten about the 2.6 Linux kernel which fully supports AMD 64 /w SMP?

Have you forgotten that their is no 64bit Software. (I think I would know from experience, I have a 64bit OS with 32bit software) :rolleyes:

As much as i try to understand the last 3 or more posts, it made no sense! lol

this is quickley turning 'heated' and to those who want to carry on the aurgument 'ignorance is bliss'.

To answer the original topic? an o/c mobile vs the EE? maybe in 1 or two scores in sandra, but overall the EE has more features and would still beat it in EVERYDAY use.

Guest FxXP

I'm done with this thread. AyO turns turns it into a "Im right, you're not" . match. I'm not even going even to even compare arguements that come from tech reviews or personal opinions. There's fact and fiction.

I think the saying "Arguing on the Internet is like winning the special olympics" applies. <_<

Actually, i think that Ayo does know what he is talking about since he is always the one that seems to prove everyone wrong with his posts... I remember 9th grade speech/debate class... The sign of a good debator is the fact that he can refute all arguements well and can make more arguements without being refuted... Reading Ayo's posts does make me think of Mr. Ramsey's useless but funny class lol....

And to Ayo... No i am not hitting on you and sorry to get your hopes up lol

I'm done with this thread. AyO turns turns it into a "Im right, you're not" . match.

I think the saying "Arguing on the Internet is like winning the special olympics" applies.

No you can't just admit when your wrong thats all. I don't let ignorance slide, whether its in REAL LIFE, or on the NET. <_<

Anyone wasting money on 32 bit Intel CPU's is making me laugh,

Intel for the rich braggers, AMD for those that believe in the future.

Anyone who utters any of these above quotes is completely ignorant, and only sees things one sided. Was it really necessary to type the above? Did it add anything to this thread, or only broke out a fire?

Maybe if I didn't see so much Ignorance, then I wouldn't be arguing. <_<

Ah but yes I remember what you told me last time FxXP, I sleep with THG and Intel....Ah Found the quote too :)

AYoKoNA, for the record about you, you will always sleep with Intel and so with THG.

:rolleyes:

And to Ayo... No i am not hitting on you and sorry to get your hopes up lol

:lol:

Well, we all know that any barton at "stock speeds" can't beat a P4C.. Then your trying to compare a OCed processor to one at stock speeds, thats like comparing glass to dry wall.. <--- (the comparsion popped up in my mind).. Well anyways i would like a screenie too.