Sign in to follow this  
red930

3.2ee Vs 2600 Mobile

as long as it equals the speed of a 3200+ (2.2) i think that would be equal!

the 3200+ means that it's equal to a 3.2ghz p4, but just overclock it as high as it can!

why do you ask?

you competing? :):foldon:

That is total BS. A 3200+ Athlon XP can match beat a 3.2 EE only in an very few areas.

Offically 3200+ is not even compairibng them to P4s. AMD themselves state that it compaires them to Athlon T-birds (wich realistically is even farther off).

At 2.8Ghz wich unless you have refidgeration cooling or very chilled water is not going to happen stably, you could match a stock 3.2EE, but the EE can overclock too. As has been stated it is compairing apples to oranges becasue of the massive price differential.

Sisoft is the last program you should be useing if you want to compare acctuall performance.

Edited by oralpain

That has to do with thier testing method. They still use the same benchmarks that they used Way back when so that AMD processors are comparible to each other. But some of the newer CPUs like Presscot and EE have more cache which runs everal program better but non of the ones AMD test with because in that era of testign programs used less cache.

Basicly the 3000+ and 3200+ are over estimated by about 200 when compared to P4c's

AMD needs to start using a new batch of benchmarks if they plan on continuing their current naming system at all.

(and personally i hate the three numebr system, who in teh wolrd wants to say " I've got a INTEL 560" or whatever....)

Well a friend of mine said he took a 3.2EE in sisoft with his desktop 2600 at 2.58

How about getting your friend to post a screenshot.

possibly on the arithmetic test on the integer side only, probably only just if at all... it'd suck . on the floating point compared to the p4ee cos of its sse2 and huge fsb/memory bandwidth

i'd like to see a screeny too :)

How about getting your friend to post a screenshot.

:withstupid:

i oc'd mine to 2.7 and it outruns the ee

Screen shot please? I don't think so.....

Don't make me laugh... just don't. Never in this world will a mobile 2600+ compete with a 3.2EE P4. You would need to run like 3ghz to beat it, and you'll never get that fast unless you froze the CPU. Even then, the 3.2EE could overclock to 4ghz and take a dump on the mobile 2600+.

Don't compare a cheap processor to a top-of-the-line one. Idiots. :withstupid:

Edited by Hyper Threaded

A mobile barton won't equal the speed of a 3.2EE.  You'll need a A64 to catch the EE.

My boss did benchmarks with his DELL XPS or something it has a 3.2EE

He got 10,010 in sandra

With my CPU @ 2.53ghz I got 9,893 (barton 2600+)

i pushed 2.54ghz which was just stabile enough to run sandra i scored 9,913. I wish i could do that again, but i cant not with these temps anyway. Ill do it again for you when my water comes here...

Edit:

Hyper Threaded, we are talking about OCed 2600+ vs NORMAL 3.2EE, if you actually read something (besides title) you'd know that so read and post intelligent remarks with some actually sign of thought behind them instead of just throwing . out of the keyboard of yours. You dont need to insult everyone and act like your Mr.king ., he asked a question let him get his answers.

Edited by p8baller07