Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

What's Happening To Our Production Level?

Has anybody noticed our recent production trend? This is not encouraging. Can we simply blame this on a tinker epidemic or are we really losing production?

well i just got a couple of tinkers and they take about 40hrs or so i bet that will shoot up again in a day or so if loads of peeps have got them

also P2p are gonna overtake us in a 13 days moving us to 30th then 10 days after that we are gonna move back to 29th when we overtake slo-tech

all we gotta do is :foldon:

I've added back my second rig back into the mix this week, gives me two 3+ghz machines folding 24x7.

aw crap

meh il fold over night tonight i guess

Edit

o yeh and yesterday i lost a WU when it was at 100 percent.. something screwd itself and yeh... bah

half way done another WU

whats a tinker?  i got these 2 WUs that were 400 steps and take freakin forever.

You got a tinker then.

There are two types of modeling software used to simulate protein folding, Tinker and Gromac. You will see these running on your machine as FahCore_65.exe and FahCore_78.exe respectively. Occassionally you might get a FahCore_79.exe. The latter is known as a double Gromacs- we like those. Typically the Tinker core involves more steps and runs a lot longer. While it is worth more points, on a points per day basis, they are not worth as much as a Gromacs. Double Gromacs on a fast machine take much less time to run and typically produce a hiher points/day value, which is why we like them.

Apparently we are seeing a rash of tinkers for a lot of us - I've got 4 of them- and they really kill your production levels.

You can find more information here

Edit:

I just checked the performance of the top 10 teams and every one of them have experienced something similar to us, some lasting as long as 6 days. A couple of them have strated to rebound. Must have been a massive release of tinkers!

:foldon::foldon::foldon:

Edited by Nemo

As the others said, Tinkers take a lot longer to complete because of the 400 steps. I have 4 machines running and get at least one or two a week. On the bright side, some of them are worth 249 points. Nice!

It's nice to complete a tinker, but I lost a 249-point tinker at 100% when it failed to send. Aaaahhh!

yeah i had 2 in a row on my notebook. it takes AT LEAST 2 days to finish one... but on the Fah Core 79.... I can get several WUs a day in it!!!