Difference Between Chenming And Antec Cases?

Anybody know the difference between chenming and antec server cases? Like the 1030's and 1040 antecs and the chenmings that look the same? Appreciate the responses.

The difference is the weight and martial of the case. The alienware and Chemming are made really thin and light.

A real Antec you can always tell by the weight. My SX1030B weighs in at 30+lbs before You ADD anything to the case. Antec is Rolled Steal.

The last real test I saw to tell a Antec compaired to OEM is that a 200+lb man can stand on the Antec case and it will cause no ill effects. :D

Also the off brand cases will not use Antec power supplies.

Other than that there basically the same case.

No this doesn't mean that it will be aluminum it just means that they will have thinner steel...If you wanted to spend more my Lian-Li PC70 r0xx0rz j00r b0xx0rz! Very light easily lift with 1 hand, big and spacious and looks great, jus tvery expensive. Yeah I'm guessign Antecs are better jus tvery heavy I think they weigh 37 pounds (not sure?).

Chenming is the company that actually makes all the cases for Aspire, Antec, Enermax, Alienware, etc, and then they put it under the company's name and if the company orders lots cases from them, they will also add things like the company's' logo on the case (like the Antec Performance PLUS series) as well as variations like USB ports, windowed side panels (I think), and aluminum housings.

And yes, the same keys will open the doors to ALL of them. The only real purpose for them is to prevent little kids from opening the side panels and getting the hardware as well as themselves zapped beyond belief.

Yeah I would have to say that a computer case isn't going to help you save your computer if someone is determined to open it...Maybe if you had a lock on one of those Chilli cases with the 1/4" aluminum panels it would take some time but ultimately someone who is determined can just take a dremel...I've never seen anyone with one of those cases actually care about the keys though...Yeah but I don't know about Chenming I thought Antec and Chenming were different but I don't know too much about those cases.

personally i don't think lian li's are worth as much as they sell for. First off i think they look really nasty and 2nd its just not worth it :lol:

they only thing remotely cool about them is the amount of cooling. and still that's not worth 170+ dollars. jesus.

Uhhh...You have obviously never seen a Lian-Li because they come in a sweet brushed aluminum finish that everyone who has see nit says it looks unbelievable...I think you may want to see one live because pictures don't do them justice.

Well maybe i will. ;)