P4p800-e Deluxe Droop Mod

Right now I am at summer school and have no access to the necessary tools to perform the droop mod on my p4p800. Also, I don't know that I trust myself to do it properly since I have never done things like that before. Would anyone be willing to help me out? I can pay for any expenses and even a labor fee if you'd like. If there are any trustworthy people or you know someone who is good at doing these kinds of things could you let me know? I think I could get a substantially higher overclock if my voltages weren't dropping so much under load. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you are going to do the drop mod you may as well do the vdimm mod, I had to have the vdimm mod to get over 3.8ghz, I never done the drop mod but I sure needed it, on 1.675 volts settings I was getting over 1.8 volts vcore at a little over 4ghz Here are some useful links to each. Nuclear has done a few of both mods, I am sure there are others that can do it also if they have the soldering equipment.

http://www.cluboc.net/guides/voltage_mod/a...800-e/index.htm

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...highlight=Droop

The droop mod requires soldering a 50K potentiometer to two points on the motherboard. It makes the voltages stay more stable because Asus fluctuates so badly. I've read alot about it and most people have had really good success with it. Yeah Road-runner I can do the Vdimm mod also, but I hear its just a wire, so it shouldnt be too difficult.

The droop mod requires soldering a 50K potentiometer to two points on the motherboard. It makes the voltages stay more stable because Asus fluctuates so badly. I've read alot about it and most people have had really good success with it. Yeah Road-runner I can do the Vdimm mod also, but I hear its just a wire, so it shouldnt be too difficult.

Yea the vdimm one is very easy I used an old fan plug and mini grabbers from frys the radio shack ones were to big, I also just used a 15k 1/2 watt resister. I liked using the grabbers and a plug so I could take it off in case of the need of an RMA or extended warrarantys etc.

That's true, but you need to set the 50K trimmer to around 28K. leaving it at 50k will cause major over-volting and board damage.

Also, be careful when setting your vcore thru BIOS after doing the droop mod. At around 28K, a setting of 1.55 in BIOS could yield an actual 1.625v vcore.

go PM malves at www.extremeoverclocking.com

he shouldn't charge too much...i think it's like $40 for the entire board, vdimm and droop mod.

don't rely on me thought, i have never talked to him much.