Socket 939 Out!

i dont know what that last guy was talking baout amd copying but bud amd dose use alot of intels tech

i am sure if u read up on amd and intel's procs u will see alot of simalaritys

mmx and that sort of thing

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And guess what guys, Intel will be using AMD's x86_64bit extensions so guess what, they both share their technology at times, not necessarily stealing from one another...

Why can't we all just get along...Imagine this...HyperTransport + HyperThreading in a 3.4Ghz Intel Micro Advanced Tech. Extreme Edition...A merger of Intel and AMD, IMA would be the name, dang that would be sweet...Wait...That would be lame...Ignore me completely, please.

theres one tad difference between amd using intels tech, and intel (just now) using amd's tech, intel doesn't tell you that they used amd technology, search there white papers about the new upcoming 64 designs, not one mention of amd's model (correct at time of print), but then again, whos heard of mmx? EVERYONE! whos heard of iAMD-64? The slect few. It's all about marketing my friend, companies can get away with alot more if they have it.

id still go with a 754 right now the extra cache and price is great, and they perform the same at similar clock speeds not to mention that a oced 754 really has the upper hand due to the high ram speed when ocing. look at the 3700 compared to the 3800 the extra cache really helps out in some games. the price wont drop on 939 till intell comes out with some thing to compete. untill then amd is going to keep the prices inflated since theres no compatition

And guess what guys, Intel will be using AMD's x86_64bit extensions so guess what, they both share their technology at times, not necessarily stealing from one another...

Itanium 64bit -> AMD64 (w/ IBM support) -> Apple G5 (w/ IBM Again)

- Intel had 64bit long before AMD...

- Intel is only using AMDs 64 because AMD has already standardized how 64bit desktop cpus will run.

- 64bit is nothing revolutionary at all

- HyperThreading, MMX, SSE are all innovative technologies

- Intel never took AMDS 3Dnow!

- Intel had 64bit long before AMD...

- Intel is only using AMDs 64 because AMD has already standardized how 64bit desktop cpus will run.

- 64bit is nothing revolutionary at all

- HyperThreading, MMX, SSE are all innovative technologies

- Intel never took AMDS 3Dnow!

-Was it openly available to the general public at a reasonable price?

-Much like how MS uses Macs to port to Mac

-Yes it is

-k

-k