To Lcd Or Crt..

Well my PC is finally nearing completion, now I need to replace the ol' crappy mouse and keyboards and monitor and get shiny, pretty things! So as far as monitors go what do most of you recommend? Iv'e heard LCD isn't as good for gaming as CRT but LCD looks so sweet! This will be my college computer and I will be mega-gaming on it (after all the studying is done of course :unsure: )

This may have been discussed before but please feel free to give me an opinion.

I prefer the CRT's, also at least 19". I use LCD's at work, I don't like them. The colr is not the same, not as much "depth of field" IMO, and things look a little "grainier" to me. If the talk of a short lifespan for LCD is true? then that would just be another reason to avoid them.

Well what brands and types to you guys recommend. I mean when I search I see TONS of different ones and size and brand name is the only thing I know to go buy (which is pitiful I know). Besides reading reviews about everything, any other suggestions?

Any Sony Trinitron Monitors look very nice. Note, Sony makes monitors for many other brands, such as Dell, I think Toshiba, and other brands.

I have a 17" Trinitron and nothing comes close to it in image quality. It's got a super precise image, great color, flat screen, and anti-glare. Looks great, it's aging, but I haven't found a newer monitor, besides ones based on the same technology, that look half as good as it.

I think Samsung makes some really great monitors in the LCD and CRT market. Also if your going LCD make sure you get one with a low response time (20ms>). Read reviews to see if LCD is good for gaming. Look for reviews that say No Ghosting.

Well right now I am using a 17'' dell trintron monitor that rocks. Which I will probly use in my dorm as well as a second monitor. Just looking for something ''cool'' and not beige. B)

If you followed that link, I have it in BLACK ofcorse.

CRTs are definitely better for gaming and imo.. for everything..

Sony's (aka Dells I think), and Samsungs are good. Viewsonics I think are the best CRT company out there, and they aren't that expensive look into Viewsonic..

**I could be wrong about Dells but I think Sony makes them

well whats ur budget. If u have like 600 to blow on a monitor i would get either a dell gaming one or the samsung 172x both lcds(i want want bad :angry: )

Edited by r g