Ati Catalyst 4.5 Drivers And Effects On System

crash

I'm starting this thread to find out who has had problems with the new Cat 4.5 drivers, what those problems were and whether or not there is a common factor in each incident.

Please post your system specs along with the problems that arose from installing the new drivers.

Mine:

Sig at bottom-

I installed the new cat drivers and after one or two reboots I tried to play Farcry like I had a zillion times before and it froze in the level loading screen. I got random crashes, windows started to not boot, and eventually I had to go into safe mode, uninstall my drivers and use driver cleaner! :angry:

I rolled back to 3.7, (came with my 9700 pro) and then worked up to 4.4. Everything works fine now.

BIOS was F7, video card had original BIOS, and I run WIN XP HOME

I have to say I don't have problems, but thats because I stay at cat3.9. After hearing all the complaints here about newer "ATI" drivers, I have no reason to switch. My 9800pro & 9500pro are great where their at.

i'm running omega's version of 4.5, and i don't have any probs.

mangar, its strange you mention the 3.9's because those are the ones that really messed up my system. there weren't any crashes that i can remember, but all my games were suddenly extremely laggy with them. :blink:

I run the 4.5s on my day-to-day rig (9800XT), and they work flawlessly.

I use the cat 3.9s for all of my benching rigs, as they give me the best scores overall.

Most of the cat issues I've seen have been b/c of a bad driver install. I would try un-installing them, use a driver cleaner, and then re-install them.