7v Fan Mod

Why get a quieter fan? They dont push as much CFM as the louder ones do. :P

Get a reho to adjust the voltage to the fan and when the PC isn't being used, you can adjust the voltage thus reducing the speed/noise... then when gaming and you need the high CFM, you just turn it back up.... the noise will be drowned out by the music/sound.

I know the yellow is 12v and the red is 5 if u strip the red and yellow ad combine them as one.. and put that on the positive end of the fan.. and then the black wire to the ground 17 volts will be running though the fan..

actually let me rephrase that I understand what I ment to say now..

the -5v line coming from your power supply. If you connect the positive fan wire to the normal +12v on your molex connectors, and stick the black wire onto -5v on the atx connector you get 17volts

and on ur PSU cable u also have a -12volt line..

connect the positive wire +12v as before, and connect the black wire to -12v and you get 24 volts.. and now u hope ur fans dont cut off ur hands.. or blow up the house..

:P You don't need quieter fans...you need quieter AIR. If you're still using the stock air that came with your house/apartment, then you need new "QuietAir". For only $50, we can replace the air in your computer room with QuietAir, which will flow through fans without all the noise of regular, natural air.

QuietAir is made of 100% carbon dioxide, with none of that noisy oxygen or nitrogen contained in normal air. Not intended for breathing. :P

• 1 month later...
:P You don't need quieter fans...you need quieter AIR. If you're still using the stock air that came with your house/apartment, then you need new "QuietAir". For only $50, we can replace the air in your computer room with QuietAir, which will flow through fans without all the noise of regular, natural air.

QuietAir is made of 100% carbon dioxide, with none of that noisy oxygen or nitrogen contained in normal air. Not intended for breathing. :P

Quieter AIR!!!! I'm rolling on the floor reading this.....but how can he type while he's on the floor you ask....well...toes work too!! I have 2 solutions this delima rather than modding the wiring, unless your just into that: Mike get a job = gets money = able to buy Enermax fans with the manual adjuster connection able to turn down to 1000 rpms = very quiet and still moves some air! Theres my 2 cents worth!

Mike get a job = gets money = able to buy Enermax fans with the manual adjuster connection able to turn down to 1000 rpms = very quiet and still moves some air! Theres my 2 cents worth!

job = not avaialble due to the 200 ppl + they laid off where i used to work