7v Fan Mod

Finally did the 7volt mod on all my fans in my case except for heatsink fan.

Here is a pic of what was done

See now what u need to do is a 17volt fan mod..

you connect the yellow wire.. and the red wire.. that will give u 17volts.. and watch that fan spin faster then ever :)

see see.. the things u can learn from me :)

got a delta spinning and shooting out 84cfm.. at 12 volts.. up it to 17 volts see how much cfm it spits out then :P mwahahaha

you connect the yellow wire.. and the red wire.. that will give u 17volts.. and watch that fan spin faster then ever :)

Sorry

but, the yollow and red wires from the power supply give you 7v NOT 17v

the yellow wire being 12v and the red wire being 5v.

Ive been trying to get 9V I figured that would be better.

If your not using the P4 connectors from your power supply. You can use the orange wire which is 3.3v and the yellow wire which is 12v. that would get you just under 9v

Hadn't thought about that... may use that with my sunon fan to reduce the speed.... I cant stand to be in the same room with it for more than a few hours.. lol...

Thinking about taking the PC off my desk and putting it on the floor... hopefully the carpet will help muffle some of the noise... that is assuming I don't cut off a toe... :P

Ive been trying to get 9V I figured that would be better.

If your not using the P4 connectors from your power supply. You can use the orange wire which is 3.3v and the yellow wire which is 12v. that would get you just under 9v

ya thats a fricken great idea, i will most likely do that wen i get my 120mm.

the normal supplied voltage for a case fan is 12 volts. If you can lower this voltage you can reduce the fan's noise. The problem with this is that computer PSU molex supplies either 12 volts or 5 volts. 5 volts being a bit too low to provide any decent air movement from the fan. How to get around this is to instead of using the 12v line and the 0v line to provide 12 volts, but use the 12v line and the 5v line to produce (12-5)=7v Use the picture below to see how the fan is re-wired.

You've got me kind of confused here why would you lower the voltage it only reduces the speed and noise wouldn't be more efficiant to stay at 12v and get quiter fans??