Sign in to follow this  
InvaderTrax

A Little More Sig Banner Room

a tat bigger size would be nice... but then peps that want to see the sigs have to wait for the page to load.. and trus me.. i now or "knew" what 56k was.. its not fun "claymeow" lol.. good luck :D j/k

I personally like the 480x80, but I have had to drop the quality down on mine to keep under the 24kb. Maybe 30kb would help many of us?

the size limit is 28k not 24k... that's quite ample for 480 x 80... but as others have said, it's not fun on 56k (or rubbish work connections)

just be happy with what it is... there's plenty of room in there, if you need more room for specs than the banner then use the text as well... even bigred manages it, so most people should easily do it too...

at home my 512k broadband d/l's fast so i don't really care, but i think the sig pic doesn't need to be bigger... there just isn't any real need... there's only greed, heh heh ;)

What a bunch of whiners. The current size is fine.

If you cant find a way to optimize your sig banner for 480x80 then you shouldnt have one in the first place.

Im happy with it.

And boohoo, no one cares if people are showing off. It gives the site some personality, instead of a boring bland purely technical site. :bah:

a tat bigger size would be nice... but then peps that want to see the sigs have to wait for the page to load.. and trus me.. i now or "knew" what 56k was.. its not fun "claymeow" lol.. good luck :D j/k

i'm on cable now :P :P

and actually, awhile back i wanted to update my sigpic to a 480x120, but linux said if the script didn't accept it, then it didn't accept it...which it didn't.

Personally, i don't see why sigpics couldn't be a little bit bigger dimensions, if it's still under the filesize limit, as some people have pics AND text, taking up twice as much space as others. I merely have one line of text, so the extral 20 pixels in my sigpic wouldn't affect anything...especially since it's done with transparency, so it's a not a solid pic:

ClayMeow-SigPic-gifx80c.gif