Samsung SyncMaster 192MP LCD

Bosco

How would you rate this review? (10 Being the best)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this review? (10 Being the best)

hmmm should i buy it? so it is a monitor that can also be used as a televiison, are there any others that also do the same?

it looks cool, montol: could you tell me about other cool monitors to look? are there any other special ones? thanks

I believe all of Samsung's MP line are both monitors and HDTV ready. I've reviewed three of them now, and I've been thouroughly impressed with the quality of every single one - so Samsung seems to be one of the better choices in the market right now for LCD monitors.

Other then that, just be sure to compare it up against the reviews in terms of pixel pitch, brightness, contrast ratio, viewing angle and response time - those are all your really need.

And with that being said - if you're in the market for something like this, then yes - by all means buy it. It'll be a great addition to your comp. Do keep in mind that it'll take a couple days of gaming or using the screen to get used to the ghosting (since it is 25ms). Its not bad at all, but you'll be able to see it right off the bat. Now that I'm used to it though, I can't say that it affects my playing skill at all.

• 1 year later...

I read your review about 192MP and decide this is the LCD that I want and bot it. You said it bundled with MagicTune. I cannot locate this software in the box/CD. I downloaded the software (v3.7) from Samsung US website but the program says my monitor is not compatible with MagicTune. Even the website doesn't list 192MP. Is there a special version of MagicTune for the 192MP?

I read your review about 192MP and decide this is the LCD that I want and bot it.  You said it bundled with MagicTune.  I cannot locate this software in the box/CD.  I downloaded the software (v3.7) from Samsung US website but the program says my monitor is not compatible with MagicTune.  Even the website doesn't list 192MP.  Is there a special version of MagicTune for the 192MP?

521936[/snapback]

Hmm, not too sure what happened there. I'd check it myself but unfortunately I had to return the item quite some time ago.

Looking at the website, it looks like most of the information about MagicTune had been taken off the 192MP site, however the second piece of software called MagicColour is very similar.

This may have been due to the fact that the 192MP is now considered a discontinued model, so as MagicTune got updated, the 192MP got ousted. MagicColour was the original implementation, basically performing the same tasks (which is why I originally found it to be so redundant).

I know its not exactly the news you wanted to hear, but I hope that helps!