Sign in to follow this  
C P

I need assistance in overclocking

Wouldnt changing the 133 to a 100 in the bios make my computer run slower!! And is that the core voltage...i am still confused..sorry..

Help??!!!

Is this true?

I changed my setting to the one suggested and am not noticing much difference anywhere.

Just to try and clarify things for you:

FSB = Frequency between CPU and northbridge (the chip that handles all the important stuff) this is what the 100 or 133 stands for,

CORE Voltage = the voltage supplied to the CPU and will be between 1.70 and 1.85 volts or there abouts, You only increase this to get stability at higher FSB settings or MULTIPLIER settings

MULTIPLIER = The number by which the CPU Multiplys the FSB to know haw fast to run.

eg: you set your current FSB is 100, your CPU MULTIPLIER is currently 7.0. So 100 x 7 (FSB x MULTIPLIER) = 700mhz

Your current core voltage may be say 1.70 v, Now if you increase you FSB to 133, as suggested, your CPU will be running at 133  x 7 =   931mhz, and to do so may require more than 1.70 v power, thus when you boot, some kind of error will occur because something is under powered, then you would increase you CORE Voltage to 1.75 v and try again, if all is well fault will be cured and your system will kick ., Like mine.

Hope this is fof help to you,

PS, My specs:

A-bit KR7A133R

A-bit Siluro GF3Ti200 @210core / 480ram

1800XP 1533mhz @1610 (140*11.5) Chip locked

40gb Maxtor HDD @7200rpm / ata133

Liteon DVD

Ricoh 12/10/24 CDR/RW

Pine?? 6 channel Audio

3D MARK 2001 SCORE = 7600+

Thermaltake Ram heat spreaders, switched GF3Ti200 crappy fan for the one supplied with Thermaltake Active cooling kit, replaced GF3 heatsinks / CPU and all others with ARCTIC Silver 3, Silver rounded cables, 3x80 intake fans, 1x80 exhaust plus PSU (340w).

TEMPS = If ROOM = 22oC