I need assistance in overclocking

C P

I am brand spankin new at over clocking.

Well, let's just say I have never done it. Is there any way possible someone can help me overclock my CPU?

PLEASE?

My e-mail address is [email protected]

It is a Shuttle AI61 motherboard and Athlon AMD700 CPU.

Here is the info on it.

AI61 Info

Chipset

AMD 750

CPU Support

500-800Mhz

Bus Speed Support

100Mhz

AGP Support

2x

ISA Slots

None

PCI Slots

AMR Slots

None

DIMM Slots

Memory Support

PC100

Onboard Fan Connector

3 Sets

Wake On Modem

Yes

Wake On LAN

Yes

USB Connectors

PCB Connectors

Board Size

24.4x30.5

1. Testing and Performance Report

AI61 done a great job on design and material, we can see that with the testing report of Quake III Arena, WinBench99 and WinTune 1.0.42 (Table 2, 3, and 4)

Also, since there are rumors about K7 motherboards have incompatibility issue with some KINGMAX PC133 memory, we have taken the opportunity to do some memory compatibility tests. During the test, we found AI61 to be perfectly compatible with PC100/133 memory (KINGMX PC133 pass the test too).

Thank you very much for the immediate response.

Great link but I am not exactly sure what settings you are suggesting I change here.

It seems to be a general link for Bios. I did not see any suggested settings for my AI61 motherboard and CPU overclocking.

I am looking for the changes specific to my motherboard and CPU. Specificly as well, changes to speed up or overclock my 700 Athlon to something faster.

Thank you again!

Look for FSB settings or change the voltage. Do it a little bit at a time. You don't want to overheat.

Thank you. I assume this FSB setting is in my Bios too?

the core voltage setting might be found in your bios. if not, its prob a jumper on your motherboard (look in your motherboard manual)

You want to set the voltage as low as possible, but you want your system 100%.

If your not overclocking you can usually set the vcore to 1.70 and be stable, and have a very cool cpu.

Now, if you raise your multiplier or fsb your cpu will need more power, so you will have to raise the vcore up to 1.75 or 1.80+ depending on how much you are overclocking.

Lets say you have a 1000mhz t-bird and want to run it at 1200mhz. the easiest way to do this is change the fsb setting.

Default: 10multiplier x 100fsb = 1000mhz

Overclocked: 10multiplier x 120fsb = 1200mhz

So changing the fsb to 120 would do the trick. Bump your voltage up .50 volts ie. 1.75v

if your system isnt stable (wont boot, wont turn on, BSOD) bump the voltage up again, to 1.80

Make sure you keep an eye on your cpu temps!

when you look in your bios (del key at he beginning) you will find a frequency multiplier of 7 x 100 mhz

adjust the 100 mhz to something like 133 (think that's about a stable max). 931 mhz is okay i think :D

gr33tz wZa (intel pentium 600@866)

You guys/gals? have been very helpfull.

I did find the following setting:

CPU Host/PCI Clock in my Frequency/Voltage Control with these options:

Default, 50/25MHz, 66/33MHz, 100/33MHz, and 133/33MHZ.

I am running a AMD K7 700 CPU.

What are your suggestions please?

Thank you.

I have set it to that setting. Are there any additional BIOS settings I should look at adjusting?

I am not sure where to see this difference since adjusting the Voltage setting.

Thank you again!