Neverwinter Nights

Bassdude1000

is neverwinter nights worth going out and buying? i haven't been the greatest fan of rpg's, (i'm more of a lan junkie than single player) but i have seen some reviews and was wondering if anyone who has played it a bunch has any input onto whether or not i should. If noone replies i'm asusming ur all busy -playing- neverwinter nights, so i'll get some $$ together and go buy.

Well what exactly do you want to know?

I really like RPG's and I really like NWN.

If you really really liked D2 or DungeionSleep then you may not like NWN. Its to in-depth. Combat takes more strategy then hack and slash. And it will be slower. The aurua engine uses FULL 3E D&D rules. Which means combat happens real time round. There is no pausing of the game. And it takes a while to get more than 1 attack per round(or per 3sec).

The modules that are out over 900+ right now on NWN Vault. Some use HCR(Hard Core Rule) set. These make the game even harder to play. Play dumb you die. You die you lose gold and XP. And things can go bad really quick.

Now I like hard games which is why I like this game allot.

Hope that helped some. You have some specific questions I will be happy to answer them.

you mean that this game is challenging enough i won't be annoyed, hacked, and pkilled by a group of angry 10 year olds!! wow i'm gonna have to go and get it now :)

Yea actually the best part about the MP part is that there is a thing called SERVER VAULT characters. This means that your character is stored on the server not your computer.

This prevents the characters from being hacked up to god level. Its the only way I play NWN. ServerVault all the way.

Just make sure before you log off each day do a SAVE CHARACTER this will save a version of your character to your LocalVault so you have a copy if anything goes wrong.

Even if you do use Local Characters the Sever can turn on 'Valid Character Check' this checks the characters for invalid Stats, Skill, Feats and Items before allowing them to play on the server.

So yes by by little 10year god characters.

later

there is to much talking in the game ... all of the charracters on the single palyer blah blah blah

the rule sets on this game is based off that of dungeons and dragons rules so the speaking is a big part of the game

There is talking because it is a Role Playing Game, and a majority of the people playing are role players.... unlike D2, BG, and others that attempted to be a true RPG...

And yeah, I believe it is based on D&D 3rd Ed.