Cutting Plexiglass

hey, i'm looking to cut some plexiglass into a mod on my computer, but i'd rather not spend a lot of money at pcmods when i can just go down to the hardware store and get it cheap. So, just out of curiosity, what is the best tool to do this, or what is one that is most likely to be lying around the house.

Normal size plexi glass.. What I do.. Exactoknife.. or carpenter knife.. I take a T-Square to were I want to cut... take the square line up the cut so it is strait.. and then run the knife down it about 10 times.. flip the plexit glass over.. and line it up do 10 times on the other side.. put the cut to the edge of the table.. take my palm and lightly bend it down and it breaks off very nicely and no rugged edges.. its nice n smooth :)

some people will use a dremel.. and some will use a table saw.. or jigsaw..

It all just depends on what U have.. and how u want to do it..

The table saw for me is pretty messy.. and can melt the plastic which wont give u a smooth edge.. so I been taking my time and going with the knifes when I do it..

thanks man, thats kinda what i had beent thinking, scoring the plexiglass with an exacto-knife and the cracking it, but it feels better to know that others have made this work (plus if i mess up i can't blame it on faultyideas, because hey, its workd for somebody!)

Not A Problem..

I wasent sure that would work aswell.. I was using a table saw to cut all my plexiglass but I wasent getting smooth cuts because the saw was melting my plexi..

So I found a scrap peice of plexi.. and I started scoreing it.. about 10 times worked fine.. and then i broke it off at the cut.. nice clean break.. it was kinda tough to break so The next one I scored 10 times front and back.. and it broke off very easy.. and it had a very smooth edge.. So thats how I do it now..

If ur going to cut small peices.. or just a small bit off.. I would suggest.. you break it with a hammer.. because you will prolly hurt your hand slamming down on it :P

Also the only thing with that is sometimes you break it and 1 peice likes to stay on there.. u can take a hammer and tap that peice off.. and it breaks off nicely as well :)

g00d luck!