Sign in to follow this  
Mangar

Setting Background Transparancy

Can anyone tell me how set the background color of a animated gif to "transparent" ? I have photoshop, but I'm still not totaly up to speed with it.

send it to me.. and il do it.. sounds to me that you will have to take it out frame by frame because you started off wrong :/

send it to me.. and il do it.. sounds to me that you will have to take it out frame by frame because you started off wrong :/

Here it is..thanks in advance.

Here ya go.. I kinda took the liberty of fixing it for ya :) In case you wanna know what I did.. I just loaded it into Photoshop, copied and pasted each layer into Ulead Gif Animator. Something I felt should of been unnecessary since it loads in PSD's except it just loads the first layer. Why it doesn't load each layer as a seperate frame I have no idea. Then set the transparency index color to the black background and wholla, a tansparent background walking dragon :)

Ani_Dragon-fix.gif

JSable

in the future when you need to to it goto:the optimize window and fix it up

when you save it goto: save optimized as

hope that helps! ;)

in the future when you need to to it goto:the optimize window and fix it up

when you save it goto: save optimized as

hope that helps! ;)

I have done that... but where do set the "transparent" when the optimized window is up ?

In the old Photoshop (ie. 6 or 7), there was an export filter for gif's that would let you set transparency based on color index or from the transparency of the layer. In CS I myself couldn't find where to set it exactly. Its been a long time since I used photoshop for animated gifs so I may be wrong on this but, I think you could even use that filter to have it save animated gifs from multiple layers. More than likely I'm wrong on that since I had Gif Animator installed already. :P

JSable