Browser Wars

d3bruts1d

Has anyone ever heard of Maxthon? I tried it a few times, and for the most part I like it. It has built in pop-up blocker and what not with the built in mouse gestures like Opera and has a lovely full-screen view.

388167[/snapback]

Maxathon or MyIE2 as it use to be called is really nothing more than a buch of "plug ins" of IE. It still uses the IE shell, uses the IE engine, and has the same IE bugs.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I've tried MSIE (obviously...we get no choice), Netscape, Mozilla, and Firefox, but my favorite is Avant Browser...I love that it minimizes to the system tray when you close it and there's the option to keep open pages saved on exit. :)

Firefox is great, but there are a few minor things that I don't like about it.

• 3 months later...

Was reading this IT/Computer magazine yesterday and it raved about the new Netscape Browser. Version 8 is out and I was horribly dissapointed with the last few versions of it and for a long time now I've used Firefox for everything and only used IE when a site wouldn't work in Firefox.

I've downloaded the new Netscape 8 browser and I must say I am pleasently surprised. Uses tabbed browsing like FF (Firefox) and it can automatically sign you in to your email accounts including Gmail, Yahoo! and Hotmail accounts. It can import your current bookmarks and other goodies from FF and IE into Netscape and worked great. The bookmark toolbar in FF is alive and well in Netscape 8 and all my bookmarks showed up right away after installation.

This version of Netscape isn't bogged down by bloatware and has proven to be fairly fast while browsing. Gonna give it a few days of heavy use to see if it's as great as I've heard it to be.

I can't live without tabbed browsers or the FANTASTIC quicksearch thing that Mozilla features.

But, for media, the RealPlayer Browser is fantastic.

Oh, some sites got smart with Mozilla popups.

• 4 months later...

The thing i -LOVE- about firefox is the google im-feeling-lucky search in the www bar. I dont type in any websites anymore. I want to go to sony.com, i type sony. i want to go to the forums.gentoo.com, i type gentoo forums... its so good , so much easier , espcecially when looking for something new.

I like that too much about firefox... but ive heard great things about opera.. tell me, is there a way to make opera use the 'im feelin lucky' search capability that firefox has?

• 1 month later...

i've tried most of the browsers.. and i'm still a firefox person.. i tried opera. liked it, just like firefox more. opera did some wierd things.. and you cant rename the bookmarks on the bookmark bar like u can in firefox, even with all of the mouse movement things i still like firefox more. and netscape wasnt bad.. just not as good.

Ive tried IE, Firefox, that kde one... i forget what its called, Opera, netscape, and mozilla.

OPERA ALL THE WAY. I mean, firefox was good for a long time but the 1.5 update has been having alot of problems for me and other people so i just switched over to opera and i totally love it. w00ts.