Zip Drives

Sarpedon

16 members have voted

1. 1. Zip Drives

• Yes
    • No
    • Used to, but not anymore

well, i have one in my comp right now just to get some old data off of my like....10 zip disks. ever since i got my cdburner it just seems idiotic to use zip since they are small, expensive, and blank cds are soooo dirt cheap.

Use to use 'em.... like when they first came out... was nice to install DOOM to and take it to my father's or to school and play it...

Then CD-R/W just kinda obilirated Zip... and I forgot all about 'em... I've got a drive laying in the closet, and a dozen or so disk... not got any use for 'em.

There is supose to be a Zip750 out soon if it's not already, but whats the point?

Zip drive disks are too exspensive compared to CD's. I just use my CD-RW and can rewrite stuff like a Zip. Also, most people didn't have Zip drives cuz they were like 100-200 bucks. But everyone as a CD-ROM in their computer nowadays. Its a lot more practical.

Hahah, I have three zip drives laying about my house. 2 internal, 1 external.........for some reason they used to be practical........but then i networked all the computers in my house and bought a burner...

lol

used to be useful

-agent