Dsc-f828 Camera By Sony

anthony

sony_dsc_f828_07.jpg

Well, my family is considering to buy this camera, and I was wondeirng if anyone here has it? what wree your experisneces with it/

if you dont have it... would it be a wise choice

Linky 1

Linky2

O btw. its 1300 canadian :S

Edited by roadkill

Yeah.. it looks pretty good to me. I can't be bothered to read the links so I will just say that as long as it has mounts which are compatible with alot of regular 35mm camera lenses (with an adaptor or wothout) then its definitely worth it.

I would say that a high end Cannon or Nikon body would probably be better though. I dunno how much you can get those for though, the really good ones are probly a bit more expensive again.

edit- ok. i took a quick look at the specs, and it doesn't look like it supports regular slr lenses, just pricey adapter lenses. If you want total flexibility then i would go with something which will let you use slr lenses, thats if you can get something like that for a comparable price.

Edited by jammin

That looks like a dream camera to me. If you want a really good digital camera, it's just like anything else, you've got to pay. "Quality doesn't cost, it pays" is a maxim that always seems true.

As for jammin's comment, I didn't know that anyone made a digital slr that had any compatability at all with conventional. Which brands?

As for compatibilty with slr lenses, I know that canon's eos-1d is fully compatible with all Canon EF, TS-E and MP-E lenses. I know this is canons flagship camera, but i think that even the 10d is compatible with EF lenses, which would prob be a similar price to this sony camera (maybe a little more, i haven't looked around much). Obviously these are canons newer lenses for their newer slr cameras (which have some digital control over settings etc.), so wouldn't be compatible with older slrs, but it does give more options when considering compositions.

If you are not a serious photographer then this prob deosn't matter anyway, but if i was buying an expensive digicam, i think i would want this kind of expandability.

No No No...seriously

i would stay away from any of the those 8mp prosumer cameras. everything i've read says they have way too much noise, especially given the amout you are paying for them.

Where the F828 starts to disappoint is image quality, many observers had concerns about the very small pixel pitch of the camera's eight million pixel sensor knowing that it would most likely lead to noisier images but what we weren't prepared for were chromatic aberrations. This came as a surprise especially considering the F828's lens carries not only the Carl Zeiss name but also the 'T*' notation indicating the use of special lens coatings. So in reality the F828's biggest issue becomes chromatic aberrations, with noise a second place.

Throughout the latter part of writing this review I had an 'Above Average' rating fixed in my mind, higher than average noise at ISO 100, the green hue shift issue and the chromatic aberrations problem dominating the final conclusion.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscf828/page14.asp

also the fact that you won't be able to change the lenes, yes you can add lens attachment, but it's not the same, given the fact that you can buy an entry level digital SLR, why?

I guess i shouldn't make it sound like a bad camera, its better then mine, but if you're paying that much why not break into the low end pro-level, for the same money, and have more options when it comes to lenses, iso's, etc, and you end up with much clearer pics.

Entry Level Digital SLR's

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos300d/

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond70/

ok syr i didnt get bakc here to reply.. for about15 hours :S

well ty for all replies

and no its not my money.. my sister will be paying

my family wants this cam partially because its not full SLR or true SLR. it has manual AND auto

]

and aobut the noise part... yeh i was told that before by sykocus... and i have takent hat into consideration.. but i have seen the image quality on this camera and its )))))en amazing (i hope this one is an exception)

we were also looking at the canon digital rebel

i know for the canon, and probably the nikon, it has a full auto mode along with completely manual...

it's hard to fathom paying that kind of money when the pictures are flawed...it's pretty obvious when you look at the other shots in that review.

its a problem that all the prosumer 8mp cameras seem to have...the sony seems to be a little wrose then some. dpreview has reviews on all of them i believe.

I know you know, it doesn't take a $1000 camera with a gazillion pixles to take good pics, you've seen the ones my little palm sized camera took.

I'm not trying to say don't spend the money...lord knows if i had it, i would, but i hate to see you spend the money on something inferior.

I am in agreement with sykocus on this one. If you (or anyone) is going to spend that much money, then you really want something better. The entry level digital slrs he linked to will no doubt do a much better job of pictures than that sony...who don't really have a good reputation in the camera world.

As for fully automatic features.. sure, most camera's are going to have this. Even newer traditional slrs have had this for a while now. Plus if you are not going to use alot of the manual features of a higher end camera, then you may as well just get a 3 or 4mp camera as it basically does the same job. Unless you are going to be printing really big that is.

Edited by jammin

eh sry i ddit get back to this topic in a while...

but

ty for all the info!

after reading tons of reviews.. we are leaning towards the canon 300D