Mobo For Amd Athlon Xp With Hole Mounting

Hi all, I'm getting a new mobo for my AMD Athlon XP . Any recommendation, preferably with hole mounting for CPU water block. :D

depends if you want insane overclocks or more stable overclocks

for more stable overclocks look at the VIA board like my A7V600

the DFI has lots of issues regarding bios if you set them up wrong....and trust me it happened to me more then once :)

my god, at what point does the infinity's oc'n count as "unstable"? I've got mine cranked up and it's just fine. I've messed with the A7V600, and like most asus boards lately it's a total pile of junk. it's the capacitors asus is using now. I keep getting thier boards back or in for service with popped capacitors. ain't never had that problem with the dfi's.

the only thing you have to be careful of with the DFI is the crazy voltages that it allows. if you push it too hard without reguards to the rest of your system you can do some serious damage real fast. at the same time if you know what you're doing those settings can be the best thing in the world for overclockers.

Guest FxXP

I wouldn't touch a KT600 based board with a two foot pole. Anything with nForce2 is preferred, DFI being claimed the top dog. I am so going with MSI on for my next mainboard, I have already ruled out Asus and Gigabyte.

don't go with MSI... they are mediocre for o/c-ing... DFI NFII Ultra Infinity with latest bios (might be a beta) is the best, even better than the Abit boards...

Guest FxXP

I am speaking for myself when I said MSI, and its for AMD64.

For Athlon XP's, yes the DFI is the best to go with.

Edited by FxXP

Quote : my god, at what point does the infinity's oc'n count as "unstable"? I've got mine cranked up and it's just fine. I've messed with the A7V600, and like most asus boards lately it's a total pile of junk. it's the capacitors asus is using now. I keep getting thier boards back or in for service with popped capacitors. ain't never had that problem with the dfi's.

the only thing you have to be careful of with the DFI is the crazy voltages that it allows. if you push it too hard without reguards to the rest of your system you can do some serious damage real fast. at the same time if you know what you're doing those settings can be the best thing in the world for overclockers.

Totally agree with you. Got some bad experience with asus mobo. Not only mobo but some other asus pheripherals <_<