Running Processes

CheeseMan42

i was just wondering if anyone knows what these processes do. i havent seen them before and i think they might me spyware or something like that

eqladfo.exe

quiksearch.exe

uwmojow.exe

gogkr.exe

wbload.exe

if you dont know anything about these then if possible please list a place that could tell me about them

Thos are defenatly spyware..!!

I Consider Using Adaware 6.0 Or Spybot Search & Destroy 1.3, Very good program to elimanate those processes, Just reboot after running these programs.

Something Else you can do, You can go In "RUN", type "MSCONFIG".. And see what you can disable from start up.

If this doesen't help, tell us ;)

Edited by RadioActivated

According to the information I found on those items:

wbload.exe is the "Window Blinds Loader" from Stardock.

quiksearch.exe is eitehr a virus are part of the coolsearch browser hijacker.

search google for spybot, and it'll give you the main site for Spybot. I also suggest after running spybot, run Spy Sweeper. It finds more stuff than Spybot, you get a 30 day trial of updates, that is the full version of the software.

It works well, but I run Spybot first because if the system is infected with lots of spyware, spysweeper tends to crap itself, so run spybot first to remove the top layer of spyware, then run spysweeper after to get the rest.

Spysweeper trial download

You COULD always do a file search for the files you listed, find what folder they are in, manually scan each one with some sort of anti-viral software such as Norton AV or McCrappy, if nothing comes up infected, right click each file and click properties and see who made each one - you also can try doing a web search for all but ".exe" on somewhere like google or msn

OR you could do this ---

(xp "stock" menu)

start, control panel, administrative tools, services;

(xp "classic" menu)

start, settings, control panel, blablabla

and look for services in there that might resemble the program names you listed

Just an addition. If you are interested in the services running on your computer, Here's a guide to xp's built in services. It tells you what they do and recommends how they should be set up. Anything which isn't listed in the guide is a third party service. You can do a search for alot of third party services and startup progs on this site...the link

If you do have the coolwebsearch hijacker, you can get rid of it by running cwshredder.exe available for free (Google for it) and then run hijackthis.exe (ditto) and post your results here or on the spywareinfo.com site for additional help.