Considering Buying This: Please Help

nOOB alERt!!

Hey guys, I want to overclock my memory on my video card a little higher (i have a built by ATI 9600XT) it runs mem stock at 299 and i'm now running it at 327. I'm pretty sure I will get some more power If I add ramsinks, but a friend told me that adding something like this WITH ramsinks would have some awesome cooling:

http://store.yahoo.com/inflowdirect/cpufanbracket.html

It's a 80mm-120mm fan bracket. I was wondering how exactly this thing goes into the case? Also, should the fan be blowing into the video card or on exhaust? help?

Also, does anyone have any good reccomendations for ramsinks? THanks for all the help in advance.

the holes on the left on that picture are meant to line up with the screws that hold your pci/agp cards in place, the fan would be best blowing towards your card...

if possible it would be more effective to have a side panel / side window fan to blow fresh air over your card rather than the pre-warmed case air...

recommendations? i use tweakmonster... ocz are supposed to be good too... depending on how much clearance you have you can home-brew your own out of a stock amd heatsink apparently... so i guess ANY old heatsink...

btw, you wouldn't happen to play Onslaught would you? :D

i mite have to decide on one net handle for all... i've been cataly5t and bokbok on UT (cos catalyst isn't unique)

so might have to change it to hardnrg so people know who the hell i am!

btw gg's on UT... y you not playin right now?! hahaha, i had to have a rest... even on flexi-time i've once again endangered my job (i think) from no sleep and being late haha

My current system blower hasn't helped my OC at all

please don't get another pci slot blower... that's like sacrilege man, i guess it's the easy option, but a fan mounted on a panel or window somewhere would be SO much more effective... i melted a hole thru the plexi side window to accomodate a 120mm everflow (they're quite modest in the noise department and can shift around 80CFM)

that helped me all round general o/c-ing of everything along with a top window, yes top window mod to accomodate a sexy 80mm crystal blue...

<_< slot coolers man... gpu coolers only on the slots imho, otherwise mod the box! you could do the side mod and that'd help your graphics card (both the mem and the gpu) by having a fresh supply of outside air

btw my handle was critter: i don't play too much anymore, BF: Vietnam has sucked me in...I suggest you try it. Funny story about why you stopped playing :lol:

So your suggesting doing a case mod on the side panel? I <b>JUST</b> got a new case and love it: It's an Antec Performance II Series: SX1040BII

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc....-129-120&depa=1

Personally I didn't want to go to modding it because it is one nice case, and I spent a good bit of money on it. Don't wanna mess something up and have to get a new case or something...But suggestions would be nice. The material it's made out of seems to be really durable, so I dont know what dremel bit would go through it. If it did come to modding though; I'd probably put a nice window on there too ;)

One more question: what do you mean when you say this: "gpu coolers only on the slots imho"?

I don't really want to put aftermarket cooling on my vid card if thats what your suggesting. Thanks again.

that IS a nice case... i like antec's style, my 2nd (old) rig is in a Lanboy... i think the Performance series are steel... you might want to practise on an old case someone's throwing out or something for any cutting, especially with a dremel cos they're DEAD hard to control, i'm pretty sure you can buy side-window panels made by antec... an option if you want it done right and you don't want to chance your modding skillz on yer brand new case!

yeah, i meant, if anything is exhausting heat through a skinny pci slot then it should be a gpu cooler... otherwise don't bother and use normal fans

go try and salvage a crappy case from somewhere (maybe from a recycling centre or something) and practice your mod ideas on it, or at least the cutting :)