Just Installed Tornado, Still Having Heat Probs.

I used to have a ocsystem adjustable fan which only puts out i think 43cfm, my room temps get so high and the motheboard montior that came with my Abit NF7-S V2 board said that i was running 45-48c. so i got vantec Tornado which puts out 84.1 cfm and it still runs at 45deg celius.. also at the same time i installed Zalman heatsink/fan combo for the VGA.

btw the cpu isnt overclocked like it says in my sig, I only put the multipiler from stock 10.5 up to 11 and everything else is stock settings.

Did i do something wrong, or is air cooling insufficent? like i will be better off with water cooling?

Could be cause of room temp, if you shoot 100 cfm of 85 deg. air onto an already heating HS i dont think it'll make any diffrence.

In any other time i run at 37-38 but it's slowly climbing up the 40's now :(

Summer is comming, time to start the air conditionning :P

Could be cause of room temp, if you shoot 100 cfm of 85 deg. air onto an already heating HS i dont think it'll make any diffrence.

In any other time i run at 37-38 but it's slowly climbing up the 40's now :(

Summer is comming, time to start the air conditionning :P

i agree.. ++++++++++++++++ , make shure your not using to much thermal compound.. BTW.. have you ever looked at these

GOOD HSF

pelt

Did i do something wrong, or is air cooling insufficent? like i will be better off with water cooling?

depends on your room temps...

cool down that room! even with water cooling you can't get lower than ambient... for that you'd need tec or compressor solutions

so cool yer room and possibly get a better heatsink (what's yours?) and some Arctic Silver 5 (or other decent thermal paste, I just think AS5 is easiest to spread out of all of them, man Coolermaster's Premium stuff is ridiculous, its like spreading coarse pat

i have a room temp montior, and its usually around 72-75 degrees, my house is air conditioned. my case door is open all the time also.. my heat sink is full copper from ocsystem.com i forgot the name of it, also i do us artic silver 5. and yep i dont put too much thermal compound on it...

what other options should i do to chillen down my comp temps?

i have a room temp montior, and its usually around 72-75 degrees, my house is air conditioned. my case door is open all the time also.. my heat sink is full copper from ocsystem.com i forgot the name of it, also i do us artic silver 5. and yep i dont put too much thermal compound on it...

what other options should i do to chillen down my comp temps?

Has to be something wrong with the probe with all that you say, done right you should be low to mid 30's <_<

How bout your case fans, i know, side open but still, a 80 or 92mm on the side pannel chipset hight always help sometimes more than cover off :)

How bout your case fans, i know, side open but still, a 80 or 92mm on the side pannel chipset hight always help sometimes more than cover off

Amen to that.120mm on the side of my case dropped CPU temp 4-5c.

i have 3 80mm case fans, one on back, one on top, another one on front. Im thinking about getting 120mm for side, and modify the hole to fit it. and also maybe should get a full tower to make more room, because i think mid tower is too cramped and does not let air circulate well enough..

Yep it's definately your room temp. It doesnt matter what kinda fan you're putting in there, if its not bringing cold air into the case then it wont matter. Try opening a few windows, or if you live in a hot country then thats not a good idea. My room is like a sauna, but i open windows now and then and let the cool conditioned air circulate around my comp. :)

my case door is open all the time also.. my heat sink is full copper from ocsystem.com i forgot the name of it, also i do us artic silver 5. and yep i dont put too much thermal compound on it...

dude, have you tried closing your case?????!!

you should have mentioned that from the beginning wow. i think, assuming your fans have good airflow, and they are set up correctly with good intake and exhaust, and you have decent wire management, that you will decrease temps by CLOSING YOUR CASE DOOR!

have the side of the case open voids case fans.. and you don't have fresh air moving over the HSF combo.. in fact, you circulate that air like in a mushroom shape. clean up wires, check your case fans for good airflow and obviously the direction they flow. and close that crap man

you should have intake(s) in the front and lower part of the case, exhaust in the back, mid and high.

Edited by IUMaestro