M$ Office 2003

HomerJaySimpson

Hey guys.

Every once in a while, if i try to install a program, the office 2003 install wizard will start popping up and try to install Office. Even if i dont use Excel in a while and click the shortcut for it, it will start the installation wizard and eventually end up in excel. I've tried repairing it, it worked for a while, but as i said if i leave it for a month or 2 without using it, it will go crazy. I saw someone else with a similar problem on another board, but there was no cure for it. I cant find anything on M$ or google. Just wondering how many people this is happening to? :(

Typical M$ :angry:

the easyiest way to repair this is, and yes, reaintall your OS, but not everybody wants to do that.did you try uninstalling MS office 03 ?

Cuz what MS is doing is that, when you installed it, some file associations went with microsoft..so that whenever you want to open a JPEG, it would open Piture Viewer from microsoft office (at least i think thats what it's called).. and now you would have to REassociate them..

Edited by RadioActivated

I have seen this problem happen at work and the only way I have found that fixes it is to reinstall the O/S and then Office. We use Novell ZenWorks that pushes out the software to a profile on whatever PC you use. I use 3 different PCs at work and 2 were fine, the third did this to me, even when I try to open Windows Explorer. I had the machine 'reimaged' which formats and reinstalls the O/S and the applications and that solved the problem.

We are running Win2K SP3 and Office XP SP2. Probably doesn't help much but thought I would let you know it is not the user :)

Well in that case, you wont take offence to what i was implying, will you?

And BTW, i tried an Office update and it seems to be sorted. But thats the problem, it always is fine for a month or 2 and then goes crazy again. Gonna have to do a bit of research methinks B)