Suggestions On New Computer I'm Building

Guest TAYLOR MADE

Guest TAYLOR MADE

Hi guys and girls I'm building a new computer here and I just want some opinions on the hardware I may be putting in it. I would like any suggestions on hardware changes too if you folks don't mind.

The computer is :

AMD Athlon fx-51

Asus SK8V Motherboard

Swiftech mcx6400-v cpu cooler 80mm Vantec tornado 84cfm

Artice silver 5 thermal grease

Swiftech mcx159A Chipset cooler

Corsair TWINX1024RE-3200LL Registered ram

2 WD 36.7 gb Raptors in Raid 0

1 WD 200 gb caviar 8 mb cash

Enermax 3 in 1 550w Power supply

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 zs

and ethier the nvidia geforce 6800 Ultra or ATI x800 XT Platmium edition

XP Pro

Thanks For taking the time to read and anwser this.

I'm sure everybody has an opinion on Nvidia vs. ATI, but my experience has been that Nvidia drivers and support applications are far superior to ATI when it comes to the high end gaming type video cards. Everytime I've gone for an ATI card over an Nvidia has been because of price, and just about every time I've been burned (figuratively) by the ATI card.

Good luck and have fun with building your new system!

Ben

Guest TAYLOR MADE

Thx is there others that may do a better job because I don't want any crap in my computer I have $6000.00 CDN to spend and I want the best I can afford. What kind overclocking may I get with my choice of cooling I've got and ram I've choosen

Guest TAYLOR MADE

Whats your guys opinion on the cooler master wave master tower thats the one I'm getting but I've only seen pictures of it and I saw one thing that bothers me and that the top of the case I would like to put a blow hole and fan there but I saw that there is usb and other connectors under a cover up there. Does any one know if it possible to remove that and put a fan there instead. I ordered the side window for the case to and I'm going to put a led fan there to for the pci slots. Should look pretty cool.Also has anyone heard when the geforce 6800 ultra is coming out

Edited by TAYLOR MADE

yes you can take the usb ports and whatever out of the top and put a fan there. I think it comes with a little mount thing to hold the fan in place.. just snaps in and out if I remember correctly. I've heard its a very nice case and really easy to work in

urg 6000 candadian i dont know how much usd but it is still a lot lol. i wish i had ur money...uuuurg. I think im going to be getting the 6800 ultra over the x800xt because of ps3 so i think the 6800 ultra will be a good choice just dont know when its comin out

!.) swiftec cooler - I would get a Zalman CNPS7000 Cu, they cool just as good as a swiftech and half (or less) of the noise! Oh, just noticed 84 CFM tornado :blink: , well if you can handle the noise then go for it but still not too much better than the zalman and 4 times as loud!

2.)dump the wd drive and the 36GB raptors get two 74GB raptors instead, they're faster than the 36GB :)

Guest TAYLOR MADE

I have a lot of mony but not that much. two 36 gb raptors in raid are faster that one 74 gb raptor and cost about the same if not less thats why I picked that over 2 74 gb raptors I just don't have that much money unless I dump my storage drive as well. I think I would add another couple sticks of ram instead. About that fan I was looking at it when I was choosing a heatsink and I don't believe that it fits the 940 socket that the amd 64 fx-51 is. And if I want my heatsink fan combo to be quite I can always go with a different fan

Edited by TAYLOR MADE