A+ Certification

Hardware part is super easy, software part is also pretty easy. Just grab an a+ prep. book and study up if your worried. I would be more worried about the software part but then again i'm a more of a hardware junkie so that part was easier for me.

For the A+, you might want to look up some of the DOS stuff and laser printer stuff, as I know thats the two biggest problems I have. People these days don't have the hands-on experience with DOS loading and what not.

Back when I took it.... (oh great, another useage of "when I was young..")

The test is pretty simple. At least it was. When I took it, it was mostly DOS and printer related. Not sure what it deald with anymore. Even with that, it was easy. Might as well said "Count to 5.... ok, here is your certification."

Honestly, just give it a few good days of studying, get a good nights rest before you take the test, and you should do fine.

From what I have heard, and this is only what I have heard is that you don't need to know Win98 and below anymore.

3 years ago when I got mine, I still had to know Win3.1 So I honestly do not know what has changed in the last little bit.

The software part of the test consists of a few questions from win98, quite a few from win2000, and a bunch from winxp. It should also ask a couple questions about printers and that kind of stuff. Just know winxp and 2000 and you should be fine. Study though, its better to be prepared.