Monitor Won't Come On!

heres a test for the computer if u havent done this already..if u have a second monitor hook the comp to the second monitor if it still doesnt work do as above or rma i guess...but i would try mine first..except it probablly wont work because of the no beeps..but its worth a shot

Thanx for all the help guys. I'll try the psu switch and the monitor switch tonight when I get home. I think she is dead though. I just bought it 2 months ago, guess I'll rma it. Maybe buy a Asus deluxe in the meantime. Again thanx for the replies!

Some people have had luck starting the board after cold boots. I would say you have a 20% chance of getting that successful. I would not go Asus just because they're tech support sucks and their boards have some serious problems (yea, other than cold boots). Anyways, DFI has some outstanding tech support. What you need to do is give them a call, use ext. 115 to talk to Frank Wong, he'll forward you to the right guy. I didn't realize you had a DFI board until they started mentioning it. You bought a good board, and some better news is that you don't have to send them anything. They will send you a new BIOS chip without you having to send them anything (same happened to me).

If (and I strongly suggest) you stay with DFI, get a "BIOS Saviour." You will never have any problems with BIOS after that. Exeter Acres has never booted up without one (and he runs only DFI) and he hasn't had any problems. I myself have had two board and three BIOS chips, I stay with DFI because they have some outstanding people working over there that really try to make you feel like your worth something (which you are). Check out this thread for more info on the BIOS saviour. Also, in case you didn't know, DFI has paid techs that work the forums over at AMDMB, just goes to show how they really try to make buying DFI a great investment. AMDMB. Anyways, that all I have to say, Good luck with your issues! Ha whops pm'd ya and posted :P:foldon:

Oh last thing, did you check for compatibility with the processor (since it's a mobile) before you put it in? Just wondering, that may be a factor before you jump to conclusions.

Edited by Special_K