Sign in to follow this  
Notesinger

Building New System No More Than 1k

hay all looking for some sugestions on everything to use i have 1000$ to spend to build a system

I do some gaming but not major and i would like a sata drive and a burner and also gonna go amd any sugestions would be great thx.

Looks as though youv'e got a pretty good rig already. Is this gonna be just a play toy or useing it for more? :foldon:

hay all looking for some sugestions on everything to use i have 1000$ to spend to build a system

I do some gaming but not major and i would like a sata drive and a burner and also gonna go amd any sugestions would be great thx.

check out the AMD 2500+ with the A7V8X-X Mobo ..it OC's pretty well i find..exept it dont have Nforce2..it has VIA..which ain't that great so i would go for A7N8X-E Delx..and a 2 160Gig on SATA..and i nice antec case..and some kingston RAM, 2 256 Sticks of 400Mhz

Looks as though youv'e got a pretty good rig already. Is this gonna be just a play toy or useing it for more? :foldon:

ya dude the comp in ur sig is pleanty sufficient, but if u wnat more u should go wtih the 64 bit, i dunno doesn't look like u need a new one

:foldon: Check out the latest issue of Maximum PC they built PC's for $500, $1000, and $1500, and they bench them against each other and everything, its pretty cool, and should give u some good ideas as to what parts perform well. Happy building

another source of info would be

April Value Gaming PC Buyer's Guide ($1000)

They take $1000 and make the best of it with Intel and AMD options.

The guide factors in you buy WindowsXP.

Because you've almost certainly already got it, I'd suggest spending the money saved on the following:

1) a XP-MOBILE 2500 instead of the desktop version (because they consistently overclock to 2.4GHz and some up to 2.7!)

2) some Low-latency ram from maybe Corsair or OCZ

3) the A7N8X not the Delta-L (which is a bit of a dud for o/c)

Hope that helps a bit

Yes i like my system but i am building this one for a friend and have been outa the loop for about a year now so was looking to see what new stuff people like and works well

ok that makes alittle bit more sense:

for a really solid system, i don't think he need to spend 1K, can spend like $600 and get a super soild AMD XP 2500+ OCed system, but if he wants to this is what u can do for the core components:

Athlon 64 3000 for $220

1 gb corsair XMS 3200 $220

Motherboard bout $150

Radeon 9800 pro $200

that is what i would get, unless he wants to go P4, won't really get the full bang for his buck

it is up to u do some research, and check prices at pricewatch.com to get a better idea

ALL PRICES TAKEN FROM NEWEGG

With 1K to spend on a box here is what I would get, nothing flashy. It's sleek, black, up to date, future friendly, and quiet. I have almost the same setup but with a different mobo. This machine gets the most performance bang for the buck right out of the box. I find that it's nice to know someone you build a system for if they do learn more about computers they can appriciate quality components. The RAM is value RAM but will game just fine and things like those 150 3Dmarks don't justify getting RAM at twice the price. Being single channel, you can add another stick any time if 512 isn't enough... etc...

ANTEC Black Solution Series ATX Mid-Tower Case with 350W Power Supply, Model "SLK3700-BQE"

$89.00

Lite-On Black DVD-Dual Drive, Model LDW-811S/LDW-851S, OEM

$81.00

Lite-On Black 52X CD-ROM, Model LTN526S/526D , Full OEM Pack

$19.50

Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model WD800JD, OEM Drive Only

$74.00 (drive x2 for RAID 0) $148.00

Mushkin 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 - Retail

$89.00

GIGABYTE "GA-K8NS PRO" nForce3 250 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU -RETAIL

$133.00

AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Processor - Retail

$223.00

SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9800 PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -BULK

$204.00

TOTAL

$ 986.50

Edited by Dignan