New Msi K8t Fis2r Mb. No Bios In Stalled!

well as the title states i just got my new msi k8t neo fis2r mb and i put everything to gether and i was just so happy to finally have my 64 bit system but to my dismay when i started her up it wouldnt detect anything then it said "no bios installed :O then it went to bios recoverey screen and told me to hit shift f10 to start bios recoverey and i did then im thinking wait thiers no floppy disk in my floppy drive for the bios to recover with. but i figured id just let it go for a while and see what happens but nothing it just sat thier saying starting bios recoverey.then i thought hay maybe its one of the floppy disks that came with the board but all they are is the promise driver i believe for the third promise ide conector and the other disk is for the via sata raid. ive checked all my conections and everything is fine so i geuss ima have to download the bios its just im having a hard time believeing that thiers no bios. i checked to see if the bios chip is even thier and it is. i mean how could they forget to install the bios?now if im corect all i got to do is download the latest bios for my board to a floppy and put it in my floppy drive and then start her up and do the bios recovery again? boy ikm glad i also ordered a floppy drive with this board.

could u get into the bios by hiting delete? Or was there no bios at all because i got the same error(same mobo) and all u have to do is a little thing in bios.

Edited by r g

nope couldnt even get into the bios. please dont laph ive never had to flash my bios before so whats a bin file?.i was just thinking i could go to the msi site and download the latest bios to a floppy and then incert it into my floppy drive start the comp and try the bios recovery again.

(edit) what was it u had to do in the bios? maybe i can figure somethin out. couse i can get into the realtek gigabit boot agent.

(edit) ok i just reset the c mos and booted up and it told me that the cmos settings were rong and then i hit f11 to enter setup and i got into the bios. :D so then i looked things over and everything seemed fine i set the boot sequence and saved and exited and then i got the same no bios installed message. so i think itll work again if i clear cmos and restart to enter the bios. all i need to kjnow is what did u have to change to fix it.

Edited by clay31

I just got the same board today lol and that message scared me also. But in my case I get the message after the real bios loads up make sure your screen is turned on a few seconds before you start your comp and you will see the mem check etc. If you push delete you can get in to the bios. The screen right after this says via blah blah under it it says bios not installed. I dont know wht this means but dont worry about it your bios is installed (mine was anyways). The first screen where your bios is goes extremely fast barely enough time to read the first line, so just push delete as soon as your comp starts and it will take you to the bios. Hope this helps.

These boards only do this if there are no sata drives on it in use... It's a warning from the VIA sata adapter, nothing bad... go and disable the sata if not in use and the message goes away, same thing happens with my adaptec SCSI card if nothing is hooked to it.

I would only assume that its the same message I had, it's not the Silicon image sata adapters, its the VIA ones (board has both VIA and silicon image SATA raid adapters) under advanced chipset options and then in the same menu as the onboard peripherials. I can't check now because I would have to reboot.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well dignan did it :D wew thanks dignan i would never of thought of that. im now installing windows and my new 64 bit comp should be up and running in no time thabks to all for the help. :D:lol::D:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Right on dignan, i've been working with this mobo for the last 16 hours! thanks.

First my ram wouldn't post with the MSI's auto settings, so i flashed to 1.6 bios, changed the timing with my buddy's ocz, and i got my mushkin 2-2-2 working.

Then my bios wasn't saying it was installed, so i'm like okay i'm ready to throw this mobo out the dang window. Then i read this :D, Thanks again!