Two Computers. One Speaker. Possible?

meatcandyskull

before I start buying splitters and wire I was wondering if anyone here has tried putting two computers on the same set of speakers. I've got a gaming machine that my speakers are normally plugged into but I'd like to listen to mp3s from my server while I'm playing videogames. both machines have sound blaster soundcards and the gaming machine is plugged into basic harman-kardon speakers.

or is this just the worst idea ever?

sorry if I just wasted your cycles thinking about this. :)

No need to apologize meat, any question is a good one :P

It sounds like it may be possible it you spliced the wires, but the sound quality that would be coming out of it would probably be crap... I might have a spare speaker here at work, maybe I'll try it for fun ;)

An alternative is just to run your music with WMP in the background, that's what i do. You can also get various ingame music players (mainly 4 CS) that play songs. I haf no idea how to wire 1 set of speakers to 2 computers but that would be my solution. :lol:

so I guess the better question would be (and I realize that I'm getting OT for this forum): what are good in-game mp3 players for raven-shield or bf:vietnam?

thanks for the ideas.

Edited by meatcandyskull

it's easy to do. go to radio shack or best buy or someplace that sells audio video equipment.

you need to get a female Y adapter for mini din (aka headphone plugs. along with a pair of male to male mini din cables. it's real easy. no splicing, no major signal loss, no wasted ram.