Overclocking Noob 2

this is the same as the last post but i was unsure how to do the last post this one im getting a little better. heres the point i need help overclocking i dont know where to begin i have a asus nforce 2 and amd athlon 1900 here is a stat picture if you need more info just ask i realy need help

cpustats1.jpg

ps how do i delete the last post

well first off, welcome to the club

make sure u have adequate cooling, and moniter ur temps, and check for stability with each over clock

go into the bios and increment your multiplyer first off

try it at 13 then run prime 95 for 1 or 2 hrs, then move it higher

when prime 95 crashes u probably need to give the cpu more volts

after u can move the muiltiplyer any more, put it back down and move the fbs up to 166 and change the muiltiplyer to what stock speed would have been with the 133 fbs, and then keep incrementing the multiplyer with the 166 fbs as u did with the 133 fbs, keep checking for stability, and keep giving it more volts as it needs more and check temps, and stability with prime 95

when u think u have found ur oc run prime 95 for a day to make sure it doesn't crash

Do you have to pay for the prime 95 software because when I click on the link in the list of benchmarks on the benchmark section. It takes me to a site and I dont see anything expect a pay download thing.

First off, n00b! Bwahahah...

just kidding wellcome to OCC

It helps us help you if you can put your specs into your sig.

As for your multi, you may have to change the setting physically, via jumpers, dip switches, or both. If you are unsure how do this, check your manual, and if you dont have one, you should be able to download one from the manufacturers web page.

Do you have to pay for the prime 95 software because when I click on the link in the list of benchmarks on the benchmark section. It takes me to a site and I dont see anything expect a pay download thing.

no it is free,

http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

check ur bios, and if ur mobo does not offer it through the mobo, jumpers it is,

but please do list the components u are running that will be of most help