Ati Catalyst And Omega Driver Review!

Hey there guys,

Been working hard on the new layout for the site (www.absoluteinsight.net). The new layout was released today, and with it, we are featuring a great, extremely in-depth article that tests the Catalyst and Omega drivers for ATI cards. The review features 13 different drivers on 5 different benchmarks.

Check it out: http://www.absoluteinsight.net/index.php?id=16&page=1

-Impact

I fail to see this as advertising...

I am presenting good information to you guys, was trying to help people out with choosing the right driver.

If others feel the same as you do, i would be more then happy to delete my post (or at least edit to blank).

Ummmm... or offer it ('the review') to the staff @ this site to be added to our already excellent/informative database ;)

Thanks for the thought though... good info is always appreciated :D

Yeah, dont be mad at the guy, hes just trying to help. Your post is appreciated (at least to me) as I've seen many discussions about the best ATi drivers and I'm happy to see someone post a review comparing all the drivers. This review especially helps me because I am expecting a 9500 Pro (100 bucks off of eBay!!!) and was fixing to ask about the best driver to use.

Hey, if you can, go for a 9600XT, much better performance, and around the same price methinks...

might want to look into it...

Actually, according to TomsHardware graphics card roundup, the 9500Pro and 9600XT are on par with eachother. The 9600XT only beat the 9500Pro by 6FPS in 1 test, the rest, only by 2 or 3, and in some, the 9500Pro was ahead of it! I think the 9500Pro is better because I got it for only 100 bucks and the 9600XT goes for around 140...us 14 year olds arent exactly rich :P

thats true, lemme see where i read the 9600XT was better....

hmmm

dont see it right now, but yah, if Toms says they are on par, go for the 9500pro and save 40$ =P

I trust toms =P

Edited by Impactdni