Jet 7

I have a cooler master i think it is a jet 7, on my amd 2000. It is just oced to a 2100 at the moment. But the temps are crazy Gigabytes easytune says that my temps are 50 degrees celcius at idle. i am using arctic silver 5 thermal compound also. Why is it getting so hot?

You might of put too much AS5 on the processor... I know that even the smallest amount extra can really mess with your temps... I dont know how well a blower fan cools but from what i read on a recent post, blowers dont cool as well (i would think different but thats the news on the street)... I think that there might be too much AS5 on it.

i just covered the center of the diode when i applied it because i knew that when that massive heatsink got put on top of it, it would spread it out. I have a 80mm fan blowing out of the back of the case and 1 blowing in from the front and a sunon 120 mm fan blowing out of the case. <----that is on my side panel.

I have no idea what is causing it

i looked from bios and it reads at around 50 or 51

Edited by 4MD_4_M3

that isn't that hot, my 2nd rig, an AMD XP 2100+, has temps @ 63C idle!! and around 80C load!! Don't worry unless your system keeps on crashsing.

Thats way to hot, my 2100+ idels at 35c and under load is 42c and that with a taisol heat pipe useing a silent 60mm fan.

I agree with other people probibly to much AS5 and what i have read, the jet 7 dosent cool all that well to begin with.

that isn't that hot, my 2nd rig, an AMD XP 2100+, has temps @ 63C idle!! and around 80C load!! Don't worry unless your system keeps on crashsing.

A friend of mine's comp is that hot too. I haven't seen the HS type or fan setup, but I still thing that the 60C on it is just a little hot :P

Another possibility is an air pocket. Did you twist a degree or two a few times and did you press down a bit?... that's supposed to spread it while also eliminating pockets.

I'm thinking that too much AS-5 would not lead to temps literally that bad (I'm a clutz with AS-5... I slop it on like gravy.. not literally, but more than a rice grain), but even a small air pocket near the center would be bad news.

just covered the center of the diode when i applied it because ...

Because you didn't read the directions. Go back to www.arcticsilver.com and read them this time. You are to use about "1/2 the size of a bb". Any more than that and you are insulating the chip with your thick goop.