P4 Prescott Voltage Jump?

PeteRoy

Hey, I want to know something.

I check my cpu using cpuz and I see that my voltage keeps jumping from 0.080 to 3.400 and then back to 0.080.

My CPU is P4 Prescott 2800mhz, not overclocked.

Is that ok?

Thanks.

Houston, we have a problem... Under load it'll fluctuate, but not that much!

Mine 2.8e is sleeping now at 3.08 GHz (it's hot here, so sue me, I turned down my overclock) and the core is sitting at 1.33-1.34 consistently.

Download and install Motherboard Monitor 5 and you'll get correct readings unless you have a hardware problem.

I've seen other "monitor" programs give false readings before, but not cpu-z, unless your using an older version. If you haven't already, upgrade cpu-z; I believe the current version is 1.22. Scratch that, I have seen cpu-z give false readings before on version 1.20: once it read one of my sticks of memory as a 133200 while the other one was read as 3200, displayed my cpu fan speed double its actual value, and at times gave latency values for level three cache on my 2700 even though XP's don't have one. Bottom line, I don't think it's possible for your cpu to run at those voltage setting and still operate, it's just the program. Upgrade the program or just get a different one.

ok thanks a lot, I installed Intel Active Monitor and it shows cpu at 1.353v all the time.

But now whenever I run cpuz it freezes Intel Active Monitor and I have to restart the comp to be able to use it again.

Phew.